CHAPTER 13: VOWS THAT BIND US

Zach Knight

"Baby...you...feel so good." Lisa moaned.

"Yeah, baby ?..."

I was in middle of making love to her when I heard a knock on the door. I didn't respond and the knock came again. I again ignored it but then repeated knocks could be heard. I wrapped towel around my waist and opened the door, annoyed .

"What is so important that can't wait ?" I said without even looking as to who it was and when I did. It was her. Her eyes were roaming up and down my body, until they saw a smirk plastered on my face.

Meanwhile, I took my time to assess her features. There were deep dark circles under her eyes. She hid it well with makeup but if looked closely then one can see them.

What does she do all night ? Must be busy with her laptop. My thoughts were cut short when she blushed and turned around, that only widened my smirk .

"Are you deaf ? he asked you something." Lisa's angry voice came from behind and that's when I came back to reality.

"I told you not to knock at my door, until it's important. What is it that can't wait ?" I asked her angrily.

"Mom and dad are waiting for you downstairs." She spoke and left. As soon as she did, I felt really bad for my behavior cause that indeed was important but moreover my mind was on her tired features. I immediately wore my clothes and after telling Lisa not to come out. I went downstairs.

"Hey mom, hey dad ." I greeted both of them. My mom doesn't know about my problems with dad these days and I will never hurt my mom.

"Aww, my Zackey." Mom squealed and hugged me tightly and I hugged her back.

"How are you, mom ?"

"I am fine."

"How are you, baby ?"

"I am good too."

"What's with the surprise ?"

"Let her come, then we'll tell."

We were all laughing and chatting when she entered with a tray in her hand.

After giving us, our cups, she sat down next to me.

"Where's yours ?" Dad asked, I turned towards her.

"I..uhm..I am..I am allergic to caffeine ." One of the few things that I have come to know about her in these few days is that she stutters only when she's nervous or lying. I narrowed my eyes at her which she must have noticed but ignored.

"Well, what's with the surprise visit mom ?" I asked.

"Oh ! about that, your dad and I are going on a vacation to Hawaii for few months." She said looking very excited. We all gave her a smile.

"And when are you both going on honeymoon ?" Mom asked surprising both of us. I instantly laced our hands together and placed it on my lap. Her eyes widened at my sudden show of affection.

"We are both trying to know each other better, we'll plan about it after that." My grip on her hand tightened as a sign to play along. She looked at me. I gave her a smile. Her face had a look of disappointment nevertheless, she smiled back, even though it was fake.

"Exactly." She said as she turned towards them.

Later, we all indulged in small talks and as soon as they left, she went back in her room. I just sat there for sometime thinking about everything that happened.

I was walking towards my room, once again passing her room and the same urge to look inside overwhelmed me. I dragged the handle slowly and opened the door. Lights were on and there she was sleeping peacefully. Who sleeps with lights on ?

I walked towards the lamp to switch it off when my eyes caught something on the nightstand : Restoril. I slid the drawer and found a prescription along with some other medicines. And once I read the prescription, it left me shocked. She takes sleeping pills. Why would she need them ?

I gave her one last look and walked out closing the door slowly behind him.

I don't know why but I want to know the reason, why she takes all these medicines. Until she's here, she is my responsibility. And as far as I know she won't tell me, not her fault though.

I called my assistant to set up a meeting with this psychiatrist, Shara Winston first thing in the morning.

She called me back within 15 minutes and told me that Shara Winston had left for Texas this evening and will return in three days.

I sighed and told her to set a meeting with her as soon as she returns. She obliged.

I went back in the room where Lisa was still lying down naked. On seeing her I realised it was her birthday on the same day, so much to take care off.

_______

Hey lovely readers,

Please let me know what you think about story so far in the comments also vote if you like them.