CHAPTER 6: VOWS THAT BIND US

LUCAS KNIGHT 

18 Years Ago.

I didn't have anything, I had quit my job and started my own company along with my late brother Joseph Knight. My brother went to enjoy some farm life with his wife and daughter.   

They planned to reside in Lavender farm. He came to know about a couple who had recently started a small hotel.

Everything was good until few days later, I was informed that the whole place burnt in fire. I immediately went there and found out that the place was being auctioned and that everyone present in there burnt to ashes.

I couldn't believe that my brother and his family was no more. Tears were flowing from my eyes and I fell down on the ground when I saw a little girl crying hysterically.

"Leave this pace...It is my home..
Please leave this place..." She requested supposedly to the man who had bought the farm.

"Shut up, go away from here, you young brat." He snapped and pushed her on the ground.

How dare he ? My blood boiled seeing someone behave like that to what...a 6 or 7 year old child.

I walked towards them, my eyes were fixed on the little girl. I thought she would cry but not a single tear escaped her eyes instead I saw a fire of its own burning in her eyes. She got up and dusted her skirt.

"What..is your...name ?" I stopped dead in my tracks while she questioned to that man.

"Huh...what did you say ?" Man replied.

"What is your name ?" She asked again, more confidently than before. "I will buy my home from you."

Man started laughing, however he told her, his name.

"Mark Stewart." He said and walked away. Just as he was out of her sight, she fell down and tears finally escaped her eyes. I was stunned by this young girl. How can someone be so strong ?

I walked towards her and sat down such that we were on eye level.

"Hello princess." Her head shot up and she instantly wiped away her tears.

"Who are you ?" She looked so cute.
She was staring at me with her big brown eyes.

"Well, I am...a friend. What is your name, princess ?"

"Ava..Anderson"

"You have a beautiful name and you're a very strong girl, Ava. One day you'll surely get your home back." She gave me a weak smile but before she could say anything a woman came and her away. She turned around and waved at me while I did the same.

"Ava Anderson..."

Present Day

After that day, I tried to find her but I couldn't. Later I came to know that she lived with her aunt and uncle who used to be high on drugs and used to abuse her a lot, so one day she ran away from that hell hole. I didn't knew anything about it then.

Once I became a man of resources, I found out everything. I personally wanted to kill that woman but she had already died. Good for her and as for that man, he went missing.

I tried my best to find her ever since, but I couldn't. Then a couple of years ago, a new company came into the business world, THE RAE CORPORATIONS.
When I first came to know about thier owners or more specifically about the "A"  of RAE. I thought it was someone else, until 2 years when she came in my office and requested me to sell that farm to her. I had bought it from that Mark whatever. It didn't take me long to recognise her. However I denied her offer, I wanted to see if there was still that fire left in her eyes.

I told her that I won't sell it to her but if she gives me a profitable deal then,  we can own it together. And she proved herself, I remember her words exactly.

"Okay sir, Just give me sometime and I will give you a perfect deal. A deal you won't be able to deny."

I know my way is not right, but I also know that this girl is perfect for my son. And much much better than that spoilt girl, Lisa. I know her.
She used to be a model until she tried to flirt with my friend, that man is like her father's age, for God's sake. I don't know what story she told my son but no way in the hell, I'll let my son marry her.

And one day sooner or later he will realise it and give Ava, all the happiness she deserves.

_________

Ava had a rough childhood, but that only made her strong.

Anyway that's why Ava thought he looked familiar. They have met a long time ago.

Please let me know below, how do you like this story so far.