CHAPTER 22 : VOWS THAT BIND US

Ava Knight

"Ava, have you seen the file of Milton's Project." Zach yelled from the room. I took out the file from the living room cabinet and walked in the room. He was searching through all the drawers and looked so frustrated. I cleared my throat to get his attention.

"Gosh...Ava, have you seen that file ?" He asked without even turning around.

"Will you turn around ?"

He turned around immediately. I rose the files up infront of his face.

"Oh you're amazing, thanks, where was it ?"

"Someone kept it in the living room cabinet."

He rubbed his neck in embarrassment. I smiled at him and handed him the file.

"Don't be embarrassed. It happens. Anyways, why do you need it now, it's 8:30 p.m. "

"I'll have to discuss a few things with Mr.Milton, I'll be in my study."

"Okay. I'll be in the kitchen, if you need something."

"Mhmm." He mumbled and left.

It's been two weeks since I am living with him in his room and we have become really close. Not that kind of close, but like friends. Slow steps. Whenever I wake up at night, he holds me and helps me in going back sleep. At first, it was hard but now it's becoming easy. He makes me feel safe and I like it so much. His smile, his carefree nature even his workaholic attitude. I like it so much. In short, I like every thing about him. I like my husband so much.

A smile made its way on my lips, thinking about him while making making naan (Indian bread).

"What got you so smiley ?" I heard his voice.

"When did you come ?"

"When you were busy smiling."

"Oh."

"Now why were you smiling as if you saw an angel ?" I guess, I have been living with one.

"I was just thinking about something."

"May I know what ?"

"No, you may not." I lowered my head trying to hide my smile.

"I can see that."

"What ?"

"Your lips always betray you." He spoke with a glint of amusement. I finally smiled at him.

"So, what were you thinking about ?"
Now, what do I tell him.

"......Alex"

"That kid is great."

"He is"

"Well what are you cooking, tonight ?"

"Indian cuisine, naan with butter chicken and salad."

"Smells delicious."

"Tastes amazing."

Later that night

"You're gonna work all night."

"Just need to send one last e-mail."

He sighed and laid down.

"Done" I said, keeping my laptop aside and lying down next to him.

"Glad " He said making me smile at his complaining tone. He put his arm around me and shortly we both fell asleep.

Zach Knight

She shivered in her sleep. I tightened my hold around her and pulled her closer to me. She was mumbling something, I wasn't able to comprehend.

"I am here...Ava..you're okay...I am here." I whispered while running my fingers through her hair. She held on to me tightly and soon stopped shivering and slept soundly. I kept awake for sometime, thinking about the woman in my arms.

In these few days, I have grown attached to her. She is the strongest, most loving and caring woman, I have ever met. Give her slightest bit of affection and she'll give world to you. She is an angel. And I am glad, that she is mine. I pecked her forehead, hid her face against my torso and let sleep take over me as well.

Next Morning

I stirred on my bed and woke up to the sound of shower. Minutes later she came out with a towel wrapped around her head.

"Good morning." She looked up and gave me her billion dollar smile.

"Good morning."

"You wake up before alarm these days."

"You in the shower is equal to my alarm." A chuckle left her mouth. My own lips curved up into a smile. She was about to say something when her phone rang.

"Just a minute." I nodded.

After few minutes, she came back in from the balcony.

"Okay, take care Reecie." She said and hung up the call.

"What happened ?"

"Nothing, Reecie just called me to tell that he is leaving for San Francisco."

"Oh"

"Yeah, well freshen up, I'll make us breakfast." I nodded and she left.

Later that Day

"Sir today Mr. Sanchez has a party. He had sent an invitation two days ago."

"Thanks Stacey, I remember. You may leave now. "

"Okay sir. "

Once she was out, I called Ava.

"Hey" She spoke as soon as she picked up the call.

"Hey "

"Everything okay ?"

"Yeah. I want to know if you're going to Mr.Sanchez's party."

"I'll have to"

"Great, then. See you later."

"See ya, don't stress and have your lunch on time."

"Yeah, you too."

"Bye " She said and hung up while a smile was plastered on my face.

__________

How is it ?
Let me know in comments .