CHAPTER 7: VOWS THAT BIND US

Ava Anderson

2 WEEKS LATER

Finally this is the day, the day I am getting married to The Zach Knight.
The first and last time, I ever conversed with him was in that meeting, I don't know anything about him, as in about his personal life neither does he know about mine. It is not like I didn't want to but he was out for an important business deal.

Well, I have my own reason for saying yes. However I don't know about him.

This wedding is not of love but I'll fulfill all duties of a good wife and will always be faithful to him and maybe someday we could find love.

Atleast I hope so...

Anyways, I was wearing an off shoulder lace embroidered gown chosen by, our very own stylist - Sarah.

My face was perfectly made up, just enough to enhance my features and my hair was done in a loose bun with few strands untucked

"You look gorgeous sis."

"Thanks Ethy."

"You look beautiful."

"Thanks Reecie."

"You're ready ?" He asked holding his hands out for me. I took a deep breath and hooked my arms with his.

"I am."

"Let's go...let's go..let's go.." An excited Alex's voice roared ahead of us. Sarah and Emma were my bridesmaids, so they were already present at the altar. Its a simple church wedding where only his family and my family are present.

I walked down the aisle with Reecie by my side. Although, I was happy, yet somewhere in my heart I wished that my parents were still alive. Tears were forming in the back of my eyes, but I didn't let them fall.

I was very nervous, I wasn't able to look up. When we reached at the end of the aisle Reecie placed my hand in his. The moment his skin came in contact with mine, unfamiliar but good kinda shiver ran down my spine. I immediately looked up at him and my breath hitched.

He looked as handsome as ever with his dark oceanic blue eyes and golden brown hairs. He was wearing black tuxedo that clung to his body for dear life. No doubt, he looked attractive but there was something odd, he seemed angry. His blue eyes were flaring. Darkened with anger. That made me think. If he wants this marriage ? If no, why would he say yes ? My nose scrunched up in confusion.

Immediately after priest started the ceremony.

_____________

"Do you Zach Knight, take Ava Anderson as your lawfully wedded wife, to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health to love and to cherish until death do you part ?" My head, that was previously hung low shot up.

"I do" He said looking straight in my eyes with no emotion reflecting in his eyes except for anger.

"Do you Ava Anderson take Zach Knight as your lawfully wedded husband ?" He repeated all the vows to me.

"I do" I mumbled softly and we exchanged the rings.

"With the power vested in me by thy father, I now pronounce you both husband & wife May God bless you."

"You may now kiss the bride"

This is it. My first kiss and that too by my husband. He leaned in while my eyes shut in anticipation. I visibly gulped. He placed a kiss on the corner of my lips and backed off. It wasn't what I expected, still he succeeded in making butterflies dance in my stomach.

Next moment, he walked down the altar without even giving me a second glance, nonetheless I began to follow him outside when we were stopped by Mr. & Mrs. Knight. Mr. Knight said something to him which he ignored and sauntered outside while Mrs. Knight came rushing towards me.

"Oh my God ! you look so beautiful." She gushed. Mrs. Knight is a very beautiful lady. I have met her before in some formal meets and from what I know she is very cheerful and kind.

"Thank you Mrs.Knight, you yourself look so pretty."

"Thank you honey, and no more formalities. From now on you'll call us Mom and Dad." The moment those words left her mouth a lone tear escaped my eyes.

"Thank you, uh..mom"

"Your parents must be feeling proud of the woman you've become."

"I hope so." I gave her a weak smile.

After bidding my farewell to everyone I sat in the car next to him. I turned to take a glimpse of him just to find him busy with his phone.

There was a suffocating silence surrounding us throughout the car ride.

Shortly car came to halt, infront of a beautiful penthouse. He instantly got out and started walking towards the gate. what a gentleman !!

I was about to open the door when Sean beat me to it. I mumbled a thank you and walked behind him.

As soon as he lead us in, I was left awestruck, though my place is beautiful but this place screamed manliness.

"This is your room." He said in his deep, husky voice. However I couldn't quite comprehend what he meant.

"My room ?" I asked gently, my brows furrowed in confusion. "Won't we share a room, like couples do ?"

A humourless chuckle slip his mouth. He took big strides towards me and grabbed my arms-a little too tight.

"We....are...not....a....couple. You are my father's choice and you'll never be more than that get it through your thick skull. You understand ?"

I was so startled by his sudden outburst that I lost my ability to form any coherent sentence. I was frozen on my spot. His behaviour was scaring me.

"You understand ?" He repeated, his hold on my arms tightened to an extent that it was hurting. My heartbeat had accelerated. In a long time no one talked to me like that. Unable to speak, I nodded.

He let go off my arms and went straight in his room, closing the door with a loud thud. I opened the door of, now-my room and unconsciously walked towards the bed and sat down. My arms were throbbing painfully. I knew it won't be easy but never did I ever thought it would be so difficult.

But one thing was clear that he certainly married me for some reason
Should I ask him ? Not that he will answer me. I calmed my racing heart and got up from the bed. Moving towards the bathroom I changed into my black leggings and loose grey shirt.

My necessary items were already sent here. After removing my make up, I went to bed.

_______

Finally her new life begins here.
It sure is not gonna be easy.

He was so rude to her , wasn't he ?