CHAPTER 10: VOWS THAT BIND US

Ava Knight

Yesterday night I wasn't able to sleep. I just kept wriggling whole night. So, today, I came office early also I didn't want to face him. I prepared breakfast and kept it for him too.

I was working on some files, when my door flung open and in came, guess who.

"Morning sunshine"

"Morning brothers " I replied. Woah ! my voice sounds groggy.

"Your voice sounds tired." Ethy stated with a glint of mischief in his voice. I looked up at him and glared. He raised his hands up in surrender.

I turned to see Reecie, who was already eyeing me suspiciously but before he could ask any question or say anything a knock on my door caught our attention.

"Come in" Rose walked inside.

"Ava" She cuts herself as her eyes fell on Reecie and Ethy. "Good morning, Mr.Morris and Mr.Parker."

They both gave her a nod and she turned to me.

"You have a meeting–" Her head snapped towards them, "–right now." She turned back at me.

"Alright, settle them down, I'll be there in a minute." She nodded and left.

"Alright guys. I'll see you both later ."
They nodded and I left for the meeting room.

___________

"Hello Ms.Anderson."

"Hello Mr.Miller. It's so good to see you again."

Mr.James Miller owns a very famous architecture company in USA, his company handles all our construction sites also he is a very attractive man. Mike was already present there.

"Feeling is mutual."

"So, what do you have for us this time ?"

"We have a new project for you.
It's a resort and very important project for me. I want it to be perfect." We all further discussed it's details.

"It will be perfect. Once we see the site we can start it's construction."

"Sure Mike will accompany you.
Thank you so much."

"It's my pleasure." He said. Finally meeting came to an end and I walked back to my cabin.

During Break

I was still working just to avoid any QnA session with them.

"Mr. Morris and Mr. Parker were asking about you. As you said, I told them that you have some documents to check before lunch gets over." Rose told me as she made her way inside my cabin. I asked her to have lunch here today so that they don't get any suspicions. Just as she sat down, the door opened to reveal Ethy and Reecie.

"Rose, excuse us please." Ethy said.

She immediately got up and turned to me. I nodded and she scurried out.
I can't get away with it. They are too smart for my good.

"You know, you are a terrible liar."
Reecie stated calmly.

"When did I lie ?" I replied as they both settled down infront of me.

"You know, you can't play us, so it's better you spill why are you looking so restless. We don't think it is what I was thinking." Ethy added. I sighed and leaned back in my seat.

"Yesterday night, I got a nightmare similar to what I used to get when I was a kid, but it wasn't that bad and only once, so you guys don't have to worry."