CHAPTER 15 : VOWS THAT BIND US

Ava Knight

I knew he won't come with me still I felt bad when he at once denied to join us. After making his breakfast and packing sandwiches, fruits and juices for the picnic. I left a note for Laura and scurried out. I was already late.

I drove to Reecie's home and pulled off in his driveway, where others were already waiting.

"What took you so long ?" Ethy asked annoyed.

"I was preparing your favourite sandwiches. But, now you aren't getting any." I spoke, pretending to be mad.

"No, you can't do that–" He was interrupted by a sweet baby voice.

"I want it..I want it." Alex came running and tugged at the hem of my shirt. I immediately picked him up.

"What will I get in return ?" He tapped his fingers on his chin and began to think. All of sudden, his face brightened up and he kissed my cheeks. The kid sure knows how to get things he wants. I gave him a sandwich and kissed his cheeks as well while Ethan had a pout on his face.

"Aww, you are so cute." I cooed. He shrugged and took a sandwhich.

"You guys are done ? If not you can tell me we can just sit here and have a picnic itself." Reecie's voice came and it was certain that he wasn't very happy.

We silently walked to his car. Sarah and Emma were already sitting at the backseat.

"Morning ladies."

"Good morning. Got scolded ?" Emma asked trying to suppress her laugh. While Sarah was laughing loudly. We both nodded and sat down.

Through out the ride we were singing and cracking jokes. Alex was busy in admiring the view. This boy loves car rides. Anyways, right now, Ethy was saying pick up lines and we were all  rating it.

"I’m not a photographer, but I can picture me and you together." His eyes got a dreamy look.

"Nahh."

"5/10."

"Try something else."

"If I could rearrange the alphabet, I’d put ‘U’ and ‘I’ together."

"Better."

"7/10"

"I'll give same."

"Try something better."

"Alright ladies, Are you sure you’re not tired ?"

"No, why ?" We all mumbled in unison.

"You’ve been running through my mind all day."  Laughter was filled in the car more because of Ethan's expression than the cheesy line.

"That was something. what do you say Ava ?"

"I'll give it a 7."

"Just a 7 ?" Ethy asked. "God, this worked on Sarah when we first met." He added, stressing on Sarah's name. She smacked his head from behind.

"I'll give it a 10 then." We all continued laughing and chatting and finally reached the orphanage.

Reecie pulled off the car and we all hopped out excitedly.

"Last one to reach is a loser." Reecie yelled and we all made a run, so fast as if our lives depended on it. But soon we realised that Alex was also with us and we all slowed down and he became the first.

"I win..I win..I win." He was jumping and squealing.

"It's won, baby " Emma corrected him.

"Yes, you won."

We walked in the arms of the familiar surroundings. I turned to look at Reecie and Ethy, they had the same expression as I was wearing. Nostalgia hit us hard. Soon we saw, Mother Kathy coming towards us.

"Oh ! My children, it's been months since I last saw you all."

"Sorry mother, we got so stuck up." Reecie replied.

"How are you mother ?" I asked her as she embraced me in a tight hug.

"I am good, Ava dear."

"You forgot me, mother ?" Ethan said more like asked.

"You won't let me." She said, making us all laugh hard at his childish acts.

Shortly we started playing with the kids, recalling our good childhood memories and adding new moments to it.

_________

Please let me know what you think about story so far in the comments also vote if you like them.