CHAPTER 16 : VOWS THAT BIND US

Zach Knight

I pulled off infront of the orphanage and walked towards the big iron gate that welcomed me in a huge garden flanked with rows of beautiful flowers. There were little kids and teenagers everywhere.

My eyes roamed amongst the kids until they landed on her. There she was sitting under a tree with kids surrounding her. I never paid any attention to her and now that I was doing, I must say, she looked really cute.

I was just watching her, when Ethan Parker came and stood behind her

I was just watching her, when Ethan Parker came and stood behind her. He gestured kids to be quiet and in next minute, he showered her with beautiful flowers. At first she got startled but then a huge smile took over her features. I have never seen her smile so big and unconsciously, it made me smile too.

I was so busy in admiring them that I didn't realise she was already looking at me with her nose scrunched up indicating her confusion. Another habit of her. Within seconds she smiled and walked towards me.

"Hey"

"Hey"

"Your work's done ? Will you be joining us now ?" Her voice was filled with excitement.

"Only if you guys won't mind." Her smile widened if it was possible.

"Ofcourse, we won't mind, come on let's go." She said and lead me to others.

"By the way, why didn't you bring Lisa ?"

As soon as she mentioned her name my fist clench. Even mention of her was making me mad.

"I broke up with her." She stopped dead in her tracks. Her eyes went wide and mouth hung open. I nudged her shoulders to bring her back to reality.

"You'll catch a fly." I spoke. Her cheeks red as roses. Goes right with her cloths. A thought came in mind. After that she didn't ask any questions, which I was thankful for and silently lead us to the swings.

"By the way I can call you Zach, right ?" She whispered. What else did she think of calling me ? Mr. Knight. I sighed at my thought and gave her a nod.

"Hey guys- " they all turned towards us. "-Zach will also join us." My name sounded so different from her mouth.

They all turned around. There were two ladies, I recognise as Reece and Ethan's wife and a kid, I know as Reece's son.

"Please act like you did infront of mom & dad." She whispered again. I nodded. Ignoring the slight wave of disappointment that I felt. Maybe this is how she would be feeling that day.

"Hello Mr.Knight."

"It's good to see you, Mr.Morris, Mr. Parker and you all. And Zach will do." They all gave me a small smile.

"Reece will do"

"Ethan will do." They both said at the same time.

They introduced me to their wives : Emma and Sarah and also to a the kid, who's no doubt apple of their eyes. I must say they are all very attached. After spending about two to three hours there we left for the beach.

"She'll come with me ." I told others keeping my eyes trained on her. She nodded and hopped in my car. There was pin drop silence. I glanced at her every now and then to find her looking outside.

"I really enjoyed there, thanks."

She turned to look at me, a smile was gracing her features.

"You're welcome, we all are glad to have you with us." I smiled at her words.

"How long have you known them ?"

"Reecie and Ethy for 15 years, Emma for 8 years and Sarah for 5 years."

"Wow"

"What about your friends ?"

"I am not so friendly person, but I have a few friends that are scattered around the globe."

"Oh." was all she replied.

"You would have made a lot of memories there." I asked and once again silence fell upon us. I turned towards her, she had a distant look on her face.

"Yeah." She spoke in a barely audible voice and then turned to face me. "I did." We just kept looking at each other until I turned my attention back to the road.

"Hope they are all good."

"Yeah." She whispered and looked outside the window. She was looking in deep thought and it sure didn't look good. Great you just ruined everything. I scolded myself.

After that I kept my mouth shut and soon we reached the beach.

________________

Are you happy that he joined them ?