In another world... (One-shot)

DISCLAIMER: Everything here does not belong to me, only the plot does. All characters here belong to the amazing Hideyasu Takahashi. All the pictures belong to their respective artists but I mostly get the pictures from Google Images.

Song used: I Am Damaged - Heathers: The Musical

Hi guys!!

I have brought another one-shot!!!! This was an idea I had for a while sooooo...

Enjoy!

Summary: An alternative end to Karma.

=+=

When Akai got a call from Joker in the middle of the night, he wasn't all that concerned. He thought the latter just needed to tell him something but when he started spewing stuff about how tired he was and that he was a waste of space, he grew concerned.

When he realized what Joker was implying, he started panicking. He needed to get over there quickly, if not, he dared not to think what would happen, so he put on his clothes and flapped his wings as hard as he could toward Joker's location.

When he got there, he saw Joker on the rooftop of one of the tallest buildings in the area. He was on the edge of the roof, crouching there, looking down at the sea of cars and people below. The only thing keeping him from falling was his incredible balance.

When Akai landed, he made sure his landing was audible, and to acknowledge his presence, Joker slightly turned his head towards Akai, glancing at him in the corner of his dull, dead-looking, blue eyes.

"H-Hey Joker...", started Akai, voice shaking. "W-Why don't you g-get away from t-the edge...?".

It was then Joker got off of the edge, feet now firmly planted onto the rooftop, and Akai sighed in relief...

...only to freeze again when he spotted the gun in Joker's hand.

When Joker's dull eyes met his own, he flinched back at the emptiness they seemed to radiate. Tearing his gaze away from his eyes for a moment, he observed how poor Joker looked.

Joker was wearing a plain white t-shirt that was crumpled up and black sweatpants. He wore a pair of blue slippers and had his mask off. If you looked at his face, you would see his empty eyes and the dark circles underneath them, but there was one thing that caught Akai off guard.

Joker was smiling a very painful smile.

It was one of those smiles you wish to never see on someone's face. The kind of smile that just shows how hollow the person is, how they've already given up.

Setting his gaze in Joker's eyes again, he said, "H-Hey Joker.". Try as he might, Akai couldn't stop his voice from shaking. "W-Why don't y-you—", but he was cut off from his own nervousness, his own fear.

Akai cleared his throat and tried again to steady his voice. "W-Why don't y-you put the g-gun down, a-and then we t-talk.".

The only acknowledgment Akai got from Joker was him tightening his grip on the handle of the gun in his hand. He didn't give a verbal response but from that alone, Akai became even more tense than he already was.

It was silent for a while, both not willing to back down before the other. Joker then sighed and turned around, gun still in hand. He put one hand on the barrier of the rooftop and looked up at the night sky.

"I am damaged.", whispered Joker in a voice so quiet, if Akai wasn't alert of his surroundings, he was sure to miss it. "Far too damaged, but you're not beyond repair.".