The Campfire Song (One-shot)

DISCLAIMER: Everything here does not belong to me, only the plot does. All characters here belong to the amazing Hideyasu Takahashi. All the pictures belong to their respective artists but I mostly get the pictures from Google Images.

Song used: The Campfire Song - The Lightning Thief

Hi guys!!

This one-shot was inspired by a song from a musical! ;)) Also is this is a Percy Jackson AU. Now you won't be confused!!

This was made in like, two hours or so...? (P.S. I didn't proof read this and it's kinda late so really sorry for any errors...!)

Anyway, enjoy!

=+=

"Come on, grab some ambrosia, and let the nectar flow", said Shadow as he sat by the campfire.

"Why is everyone scraping part of their plate into the fire?", asked Hachi as he watched Queen put some of her food in the campfire in the middle. "Is the food here really that bad?"

"Offering to the gods.", said Shadow in an annoyed tone. "It's not enough that they're omnipotent and all-powerful, they need to feel appreciated.".

Shadow grabs his cup and raises it into the air. "To the gods!", he says, a small bit of frustration in his tone.

"To the gods!", he hears in reply as Hachi watches from the sidelines.

A tune from an acoustic guitar starts playing coming from who knows where as Shadow starts singing. "Oh, things couldn't be worse, when your parents run the universe!".

"Oh, things couldn't be worse, when your folks run the universe!", he hears in reply in the same melody as he sang from before, albeit with one word different.

"My dad is Hermes", sang Shadow. "He messengers things. You'll know his sign by his shoes with those wings.", he explained while making hand gestures that mimics wings on a shoe which he got from somewhere

"I'd wait by the phone, but the phone never rings.", he sang as his verse came to an end soon.

"Oh no!", he says as he hears agreements from the others.

"When your dad's a god, life can be tough", he continued. "I met the guy once, and once was enough!", he said in a tone laced with annoyance.

He stopped singing for a bit and called out, "Joker?"

He cleared his throat and stepped up front and started singing. "My mom's Athena! She's smart and she's wise.", he started off, listing off the things he's heard other people say about his Godly parent.

"She's sworn off gluten and she's sworn off guys.", he said with a chuckle. "But if she came to camp, it'd be a surprise!", he said in a tone which says he'd be genuinely surprised if his mom actually came to claim him, to take him in.

"Oh no!", he sang, mimicking Shadow from earlier.

"Oh no!", echoed Shadow and Akai.

"Oh, and my stepmom, she hates me, and my dad works all day.", he sang as an afterthought. "So I left Virginia and I ran away!", he sang casually, seemingly comfortable talking about his past.

"Wait, is that true?", asked Hachi with concern. Joker ran away from home? He didn't know that but the way he was mentioning it seemed like he was okay with talking about his past, so he guessed he shouldn't be that concerned...?