Chapter 2.

As i woke up i could feel the warmth radiating from the creature around me in a kind of embrace. But hats not why i woke up, i heard voices. More specifically i heard my father.

"y/n)!"

i nearly started sobbing again, my dad. he was looking for me!

i stood up carefully, and tried to run towards the voice. the wolf simply rose then she bowed her head. does she want me to ride her? i wondered in silence while i watched her dumbfounded by her action. i understood as she nudged my legs with her snout. so i placed my hands on top of her neck grabbing her fur ready to jump up. she suddenly stood up and twisted her head so i landed safely on her back.

i flinched as i grabbed her fur, scared she would drop me.she stood still watching me, then i understood she wanted me to lead the way. but i did not really know where to go. so i yelled out to see if he could hear me.

"dad!!"

the wolf flinched, "sorry" i said slowly as she shook her head an opened her mouth looking like she was smiling, so i smiled back.

after a little while there was a rustle in the bushes, the wolf snapped her head in the direction of the sound, while i just looked with curiosity. there from the bushes my father emerged. and he seemed shocked at the beast i was sitting on. but i simply grinned from ear to ear.

"dad!"

i said as i smiled with tears of joy running down my face.

he ran towards me, but the wolf gave a low growl as he approached us. what i assumed was doubt.
"it's okay,he's my dad. he won't hurt us." i whispered in her ear. she stopped growling, but would not let him take me off her back. which was fine by me, my body still hurt from the event happening two days earlier.

"i thought i lost you, what happened?"

he cried as he hugged me, but carefully as he tried not to aggravate the creature i sat upon. She let him hug me, but snarled as soon as he tried to lift me off. He let go as soon as he realised what was the cause.

"I guess you made.. a friend?"
I giggled, as he chuckled. These soon escalated to full blown laughter. The kind that portrayed real joy, no faking it. My mind finally had something else to think about. This made both me and strangely enough the wolf happy.

"I want to go home" i said with a yawn.

My dad looked at the wolf and they made a silent agreement that she would be coming along. He believed based upon how fondly she looked at me, that she was not a threat to me. Other however he was sceptical about.

But when he saw the blood on my inner thighs, he decided that the wolf's caution may not be a bad thing.

My father was old, but he was no fool. He understood what had happened to me. And he also had a main suspect as of who may had done it. But this i only know because my father had a tendency of thinking out loud. So i heard him as my mind went blurry, as i fell into a deep slumber on the soft fur of my new friend.

And she heard it, as she planned how to kill this man in the most painful way possible. She would show him as much mercy as he showed me. None at all.

Some time later, i don't know how long because i was sleeping. We returned home, where i woke up. In my "bed" which was mostly covered in fur from my new friend.

When i was fully awake i ran out of my sleeping corner. And straight towards my father who was picking berries outside.  My wolf in hot pursuit. When we met him he simply smiled at me, then at the wolf. Suddenly his face showed confusion.

"What's her name, (y/n)?"

I thought about it, i had no idea what to call her. What would she like to be called, i wonder

"I don't know..."

I looked at her, and thought out loud.

"Maybe, willow? Like the tree?" She shook her head, "hmm, what about wonder? Because she's wonderful?" I said giggling.
She wagged her tail at Wonder.

"Wonder it is" my father chuckled.

"Hey dad? When is Luca coming back?"
He looked like he was thinking

"Based on the rout they planned he should be coming back later today. So maybe we should get you cleaned up so he doesn't worry?"

I giggled at this. I loved bathing, and this season the waters were warm so i could just swim for hours.

"Yay" i screamed.

So we headed to the pond near our home. Me grinning from ear while my father had a worried look on his face. Wonder tagged along, i guess she didn't like being alone. Not thinking much of it, i started sprinting as soon as the pond was within my range. Wonder jogging by me. I wasn't running fast. My pain was slowing me down, also my legs were short.

After spending most of my morning swimming with dad and Wonder we returned, only to see Luca standing by our home. Looking distressed. But when he saw us he seemed to sigh. Then he opened his arms as i jumped in his embrace. His grip on me tightened as soon as he saw my dad walking by Wonder.

He seemed scared, maybe because she ran up to him and snarled. My dad screaming in the background

"Let go Luca, it wants (y/n)"

He hesitated but placed me on the ground. As soon as my feet touched the ground Wonder stopped her Snarling.

"What...?"

I laughed as i hugged her "this is Wonder! She's my new friend. Isn't she pretty?"

He looked at dad with worry, he just shrugged.

"It wont hurt (y/n), just be cautious when holding her. She's somewhat possessive"

Luca nodded slowly.

"Okey.."

Luca was my big brother, he would often go on long hunting trips. Then when he got home we would have a feast, he was a good hunter. He never came home empty handed.

~time skip 13 years.~

i was standing on a thick branch, while looking ahead of me. i had done this a thousand times. so without hesitation i jumped. my hands grabbed a hold of the branch i had in mind. with the force i had as i jumped i swung around the branch flying in a back-flip. landing on my companions soft fur.

i had learned many different ways to get around, but i preferred either jumping and swinging in the trees or riding Wonder. these were the fastest ways of getting around. me being the only one who could obtain Wonder, and swinging without screaming in pain as it ripped my hands, i was very much wanted for the people gathering together in a type of "army". i simply denied, i did not want Wonder to be used as a weapon. i preferred her having her freedom.

even tho she was free, she chose to never leave me. she had grown accustomed to my father and brother. but any other human approaching me could either get a snarl, or i told her to calm down. she would somehow complain, as she laid down to be more approachable. but no matter she was always cautious. i allowed her to scare the people who would try anything. but no one i viewed as friends.

my life was good, i was still cautious around men. but it got better over time, slowly. so my life was good. this however would not last. i found this out in a horrible way.