Chapter 17.

I had taken the kids to the principal. He just seemed bored, until i walked inn. He had a perverted look on his face. Surprised when i thru three kids at his desk.

"They were bullying a kid about disability's, then they mocked him about being emotional as a response. The kid was Toby Rogers. I want this fixed." Then i op en left. Those assholes could fend for themselves. I had a kid to look after.

I found Toby and Lyra in a classroom, sitting at the teacher's desk. Talking, and Lyra trying to cheer him up.
"Hey, y'all ok?" They turned like i had fired a gun. When they saw it was me they visibly relaxed.
"Oh, hey miss (y/n), yeah we're alright." I nodded as i sat down with them, patting Toby on the back.

"If they were just a little older, i would have beat those little shits" they laughed at my statement. Like it was a joke. However the parents standing outside the door, did not take so kindly to my joke. They were furious.

They came inn bombarding the poor door, he had done nothing wrong. Poor guy.

I may have laughed at my internal joke. This may have aggravated the parents even more. I didn't really care about their opinion tho. Then they started judging me, throwing comments, acting like five-year-old bullies

"I bet she's not even their real mom!"

"She obviously want's attention, dressed like that!"

"That kid looks like he's retarded or something, look how he's shaking!"

then i spoke up, they may call me whatever. I'll just piss on their graves later on. However, my kids. No fucking way you're getting out in one piece. So when i spoke my voice was dripping in venom, with a demonic undertone.

"I am not their mother but i do care for them. I hope you stop acting like fools, so you can be there for your children. Like i was for them. you have the right to speak your mind, but do you really want to use your voice to harm a child?"

Then i turned towards the kids, "c'mon were leaving" they just walked by me as we left the building. Being met with the fathers who have been told a one sided story, about me dragging their innocent children and spreading roomers.

"Where the hell do you think you're going?" One asked, i ignored him. Looking behind him into the forest. Locking eyes with one of the guardians, as if to say 'not yet'

"Hey! I demand your respect when i'm talking to you!" He spoke, i simply locked eyes with him
"I have great difficulty respecting a man when he insist on screaming in my face."
He looked at me like i was crazy.
"Who the hell do you think you're talking to lady?!"

"I am talking to someone who removes all his power by screaming about it. I am someone with the ability to change your life, convince me to improve it."

We came home, the kids ecstatic about how scared the parents were. They felt no fear over the dogs. They saw them as kind. And obedient partners of their new friend. So whenever they felt sad or angry they would vent to one of the guardians. Who always somehow knew how to help.

I returned the kids to their home, even when they didn't want to, but i told them that they were always welcome to stop by. Just to call for one of the dogs and they would come and show them the way.

Skip ahead a few years. Lyra is now seventeen an Toby is fifteen. They were going out for a drive to celebrate Lyra getting her licence. I just said i would order a pizza or something when they came to me after. That's not how it went.

"Breaking news! Car-crash, truck lost control and crashed into a car with two people. Instantly killing the driver, leaving the passenger with great wounds all over. The man driving the-

I knew that car, i recognised that kid. "Toby!" Faster than light i took a t-shirt and sweatpants in my mouth while i changed to the wolf. Flying, running everything to get to the hospital as fast as possible.

Upon my arrival i changed back with a flip as i managed to pull my clothes on without anyone seeing me naked. Toby was already in intensive care when i came inn, i nearly broke the arms of the security guard when he tried to stop me from coming in to the room. Because i was not a relative.

But Toby saw me, an immediately shoot up "(y/n)!!, she's dead, she's dead!!" He screamed as i came to him. Pulling him into a careful hug. While he sobbed loudly.

"I know kid, i know. I am so sorry" he kept on weeping, the doctors came in asking me questions when he finally fell asleep.

"How come he didn't show any signals of pain when being pulled out of the car?"
"Kid has a lot of disorders. CIP, Tourettes and Schizophrenia. He wont react to any pain, he cant feel it. He will tic and twitch, so surgery could be difficult." I explained. Then i went back into his room, not wanting him to wake up alone.

I didn't sleep that night, i stayed awake. Waiting for this nightmare to stop. He would tremble and shake in his sleep, so i held him however i could. "The second you're out of here i am making a god-damn guardian, i can't lose you too"

"Miss are you alright? You have been here the whole night. Visiting hours ended four hours ago."
"The security guard is scared of me, so they wouldn't dare to throw me out."
He hummed, then proceeded to as me questions, i answered them shortly, not giving him any details. Then he started asking me about things not the least related to Toby, or medical records, or medicines, or anything doctor related.
He started asking if i had pets, what my hobbies were. Where i liked to go, what i liked to eat
Is this guy seriously hitting on me, in a hospital. Where my kid is laying wounded and scarred for life???

I turned around an looked at the guy for the first time. Okay cool. He was strangely pale, charcoal black hair, red eyes. Yeah red eyes.

"Those real or contacts?" I asked bluntly.

"They're very much real"