Chapter 29.

I am so tired.

We have been up for hours, talking. They have been telling me about all that has happened since i sent the here, and they have expected an explanation of what i have been doing since i left. So that took a whilem

Let me sum up what happened to everyone since i left.

Richard and his brothers, Bad decisions.

Laughing Jack, bad decisions.

Jonathan, bad decisions.

Eyeless Jack, bad decisions.

Literally everyone else, bad fucking decisions.

So they had all turned to murder. Not bad habits like smoking or gambling, some of them did those kinds of stuff too. But mainly murder. Like, i don't really care about humans. But really??

By the time the evening turned to morning some of the boys had fallen asleep again. Some against me, some against chairs or tables and some against each-other. Cute. I thought as i helped Richard bring the to their corresponding rooms. The taller and more lanky ones were awkward to carry seen as i am tiny but i managed. Once they were all finally in their own rooms i could finally move into my old room. The size of an expensive ass apartment. Top floor, balcony, big bathroom with a bathtub and shower. Bed big enough to hold a family of ten comfortably. And i had a hidden slide down to the kitchen. But thats our secret.

I changed the old sheets, cleaned the dust off, washed the windows, kept the balcony doors open during my full renovation of my room. So the air would be fresh. After about an hour of working on making my room presentable for my unconscious mind, i finally closed the doors, turned off the light, strutted over to my bed, slipped under my covers, finally letting my eyelids get heavy as i slowly fell into a deep slumber.

Not lasting long, because the world wants to die today.

I heard something going on along the edge of the forest. The entire edge of the forest. Like something was circling the forest. I decided to check what the hell was going on, so i left my heavenly bed in exchange for the cold wooden floors. Smart me.

I walked down to the first floor, still in my pyjamas i met with Richard preparing to leave.

"hell are you going?" i asked him as i stood at the bottom of the stairs, my sweatpants loosely hung around my hips, arms crossed under my chest, wearing a sports bra and no shirt. no socks, but i was used to that by now.

he looked at me, head tilted. my eyebrow cocked as i saw a little bit of black substance dripping down his chin from his now opened mouth. hunting trip i suppose his head tilted again but i just nodded him to the door, without a second thought he disappeared with that all too familiar buzz.

when his species go too long without eating properly, their feeding face would appear. in Richard and Sam's case, their mouth would rip open, black goo would drip out and their eyes would give a faint glow. When they were like this, approaching them could be very dangerous. So unless they have some underlying deep fear of respect for you, you are prey.

I turned myself towards the door heading out to check what the sound waking me was. Not bothering with shoes i just walked out, walking thru the chilly night i looked up and enjoyed the view of the starry night. Not a cloud in sight, just a deep black colour with a blue hue, sparkling with little stars.

I breathed the cold air as i walked to where the sound was loudest. Somewhat mechanical, like a machine? After a few minutes of walking i heard a rustle in the bushes a few feet in front of me. Based on the pattern it was Rake. His breathing was distinctive from a human's.

"what are you up to this time Rake?"

his head poked out of the bush in a strange way. once he realised who had spoken he came out entirely before coming up beside me. i just decided why not? i don't mind company while i walk. he doesn't talk too much anyways.

we just walked a few more minutes in silence, however as we closed up on where the strange sound was coming from i sent him to hide in a bus again. there were humans here. i don't know what they're doing, but they are planting big machines into the ground. they look like net throwers. traps.

they are going to capture the boys i thought panicked. quickly before a human could notice me, i grabbed Rake and ran back to the mansion. taking the long way just in case someone was following me, stopping in the middle of the forest a fed miles away from the mansion just to let Rake breathe. he looked at me like i was mad, so i explained what i saw, and what they were planning on using the traps with.

he was mortified. I didn't really know how to put it in a way that wouldn't make him panic. So i just made sure he did it in silence. He had a worried look in his eyes as he looked at me.

"what happens if they catch us? will they kill us? shoot us? hang us? make us an attraction? experiment on us?!"

okey he's panicking, i hurried and carefully held hus clawed hands in my soft ones, as i reassured him that i wouldn't let that happen. his heart was beating like a drum but i managed to calm him down. he eventually managed to ease himself. then he just looked at me for answers.

"you get seed, i will have to get everyone else. i know somewhere the humans wont be able to access. but i can't get there like this, so you will hear an extremely loud thunder like sound. Then something will pick you up. I need you too stay cam thru this. Ok?"

he nodded, then he ran in seek of his friend.