Chapter 3.

I woke up, and my home was suddenly in a raging war. Everyone was fighting, and Wonder was protecting my home. She was fierce ripping people to shreds. As soon as she saw me she gave a single nod upwards, she wanted me to climb on.

But while she was looking at me someone went for her throat, i ran at them. Ripped their weapon from their hands, then i used it to smash their skull. I watched as their brain splashed on me and the ground. Then he hit the ground with a "thump". Then i felt my body being lifted and thrown in the air, i recognised the method and landed skilfully with my grip grabbing a hold of her fur. "Run Wonder!"

She ran faster than ever, dodging every weapon and human trying to harm us. We headed for the woods, we were the only ones who could orientate thru the trees as the woods got thicker and thicker. Suddenly we were running up a hill of stones, almost a mountain. But not really that high.

Once we were near the top, she suddenly jumped between two rocks. There was a big cave. Not visible from the outside unless you knew where to go. I suppose this was her cave before we met.

Then out of the blue, she collapsed. I fell of her back, then i ran to her side. Thats when i saw a deep cut in her chest, near her heart. I ripped my top off then laid it over her cut, applying pressure. But not enough to hurt her. Her breath was ragged, she was dying. She knew she would die before she ran. She chose to save me instead of making sure her wound would heal.

"Why" i cried. Slowly tears fell on her silky fur.

She simply lifted her head and licked my cheek, just like when we first met. I just cried and held my hand against her cheek.

Her entire began to.. glow. First it was a faint light like sun reflecting upon it. But it soon escalated to a bright light, like she suddenly was enveloped by the sun. My eyes burned, but i refused to look away. I would not look away while she died. I loved this creature, i could not let her feel alone when she passed to the afterlife.   

But her fur slowly went away, she was shrinking? Her fur turned to a white dress as her body became human. She had long curly hair. Dark skin, but kept her beautiful eyes. She looked at me, with a face portraying a great amount off worry. Like she was scared og me.

"...Wonder..?" I hesitantly asked

She simply nodded, i slowly came closer.

"What, how, what's going on????"

She slowly opened her mouth, but her voice was ragged. Like she had lost it. So i gave her some of my water, from my satchel.

"My name is not really Wonder, it is Acadia. I am sorry for lying to you for so many years, i was terrified you would leave    Me like everyone else"
Her eyes were watery, she was crying at this point.

"I have waited for so many years, i had to find someone who could take on the enormous responsibility of what i am. But i guess my tim has- she cut herself off to groan in pain at her wound " come. I am so sorry for what your life will be, but believe me when i say, i am truly sorry. I have no other choice but to give it to you, i love you with all my being. But i have no other choice"

Suddenly se stood up, with her last strength, sh pulled a beautiful knife out of her dress. Ir was engraved with the wolf she had turned been the last thirteen years.

"Wha- i was cut of as she shoved the knife thru my heart, there was no pain. I just felt the world spin, as the floor came closer. But before i hit the ground. Everything went black.

I woke up tho, in a place where the walls and floor looked like clouds. Confused and somewhat disoriented i looked around only to be met with two men standing in front of me. I was about to call for Wonder when i remembered what  happened. She had turned inn to a human, she had cried and apologised.  Then she stabbed me.

"Where a-

"You're in limbo, that is al least what the mortals are going to call it."

I just stood there looking like a human question-mark.

"What.....?"

You remember the knife Acadia had stabbed you with? That knife sealed your fate as a descendant of the gods, never have we encountered one real descendant so this will be a new experience  for all of us."

I simply owl blinked at these weird people

The other one spoke, "you are a being of great power, you actually was one before Acadia came inn to the picture, she simply made your powers more.. useable? She also made the decision of what your powers will turn you into. Simply put, you are a descendant of the god, and he who is called the devil. You're destined to rule both worlds. But before you do that, the current rulers must die, that is predicted to happen in ten thousand years. So you will be sendt back to the world you lived in, there you will wait."

I somewhat understood what he was saying. But my mind still would not wrap itself around the fact that i was destined to rule anything.

"Wait, you said she decided what my powers would turn me into? So what would that be?"

"That's your only question?"
I shrugged but nodded my head.

"Okey, she made it so that you will turn into wolves, but with your previous powers you will be given four wolves."

"So like different colours, or?"

He looked dumb-fouled at me,'sigh'"no. You will have,
1. A normal wolf, this will be practical if you ever have to get away.
2. A angelic wolf, this will be gifting you the ability to make guardians, these can keep a person alive for as ling as you wish. Only you can kill the guardians. So they will either follow you or the one they are connected to. That will be your decision.
3. A diabolic wolf, this will be giving you the ability to create hellfire. But this one only work if you are in rage.
4. A godly wolf, this one will be giving you the ability to go agains any force of nature, you can create life, and prevent death. But you may not resurrect someone. This one however will demand nearly all your energy, so do not use this one unless you absolutely have to.

Okey. I was intrigued, somewhat scared. But one question was gnawing at the back of my mind.

"What is my limit?"