12.

Irene couldn't get Lisa's sad expression out of her head, the girl's tears haunted her. She hadn't really felt bad about what she had done to the younger until now. Lisa had always been tough and always stood up to her so she had never seen her cry, even when Jihyo yanked her harshly by the hair. 

"Irene? Are you okay?" Yeri asked her step sister who had been zoning out the entire car ride.

"Yeah, just thinking about something." Irene made sure to smile before letting Lisa consume her thoughts. The weird thing was that she actually did like Lisa and would date her if only she hadn't bullied her in the past. Also apparently after the two girls had that incident in the bathroom Lisa didn't return to class. Jennie had been pestering here about Lisa's whereabouts but Irene honestly didn't know and she couldn't find out because her mother had requested that the she and Yeri come home for the evening. 

Irene's mother is someone that Irene couldn't quite comprehend. Her mother did love her and Yeri but she was also somewhat distant but somehow also knew what was going on in both of their lives. In all honestly Irene wished her mother was the same way she was when Irene was younger, she was a lot more sweet and playful and just a more enjoyable person to be around. Now she was always nitpicking everything Irene did, which is the reason Irene chose boarding school in the first place. 

A feeling of nostalgia hit Irene as she stared out the window as the car drove up the road to their house. This house was huge and had been in the family for a while, translation Irene came from a rich background. 

Yeri being a lot more excited to go home then Irene, jumped out of the car and hurried up to the house to get inside. Irene slowly made her way out and slowly walked up to the door and inside of the house. 

"Joohyun." Her mother said softly giving a small smile as Irene made her way inside.

"Hello eomma." Irene smiled back walking up to her mother to give her a small hug.

"I trust you and Yerim had good trip up?" Her mother asked. Irene nodded as she walked into the living room with her mother.

"How has school been Joohyun?" Here she goes with the questions. Irene rolled her eyes internally and began telling her how school was. She had just got here and her mom was already bombarding her with questions and also calling her by her korean name. There was nothing wrong with her korean name it's a very nice name but she liked when people called her Irene. That's totally opposite from Yeri who rather be called Yerim or Yeri rather than Katy. 

"Do you have a girlfriend yet?" Her mother asked, throwing her off guard. Her mother was alright with her being a lesbian but Irene hated the fact that her mother pry so much, but she'd find out the truth anyway so she might as well tell her.

"I have a girl that I'm interested in." Her mother's face perked up and told her that she should bring the girl over but Irene declined that offer.

"It will be the weekend and I have event to go to and you both should attend, along with Yerim.

"Eomma-"

"No it's final, you will bring her to the event and don't be late if you know what's good for you." The rest of the night continued on like this. With Irene's mother asking questions and Irene not wanting to answer. Once Yeri's father showed up they had dinner. Irene liked Yeri's father a lot she just didn't want to call him appa. Even though it had been a few years since Irene's mother remarried and Yeri was born she still didn't feel quite comfortable yet. Going home was just too much for Irene to deal with. She managed to get out of the dinner early saying that she had a ton of studying to do. It worked and she left to go back to her dorm.

When she got back Lisa was there waiting for her. 

"Hey Irene I just-" Lisa began to speak but Irene didn't want to hear it at the moment.

"Just stop. Whatever it is Lalisa it's fine."

"But you don't even know what I was going to say."

"Just save it for tomorrow." Irene didn't even look at Lisa and went straight to her bedroom and locked the door.

Believe or not being Irene was stressful. 

There's some insight on Irene. She's not as mean as I made her out to be.