28

"Joohyun can you stop avoiding me."

Junmyeon had been following Irene around school all day and Irene was sick of it. Everywhere she went Junmyeon showed up and was trying to talk to her about the other night.

"Junmyeon, I'd really like it if you left me alone." Irene snarled as she walked past him as fast as she could but ended up being pulled by due to Junmyeon grabbing her hand.

"Just listen to me for once." He said looking her straight in the eyes.

"Alright, I'm listening."

Irene turned and leaned against the wall waiting for what he had to say.

"My parents really like you and they want us to get married, they already talked to your parents which is why we had dinner last night. It was going to be discussed last night but you brought your friend with you and left early."

Irene sighed.

Her mother just wouldn't quit with trying to control her life.

"The friend I brought with me is my girlfriend so it's very inappropriate that you would even go along with the idea of us getting married." Irene huffed crossing her arms.

"Joohyun just think about it, if you marry me I'm well off, you wouldn't even have to work if you didn't want too."

Irene just shook her head and laughed.

"You're not getting it."

"Getting what."

"I don't like you and I would never marry you."

"You say that now but once we graduate we co-." He started but was cut off by Irene.

"No I know what I like, I like no I love Lalisa Manoban and I would never drop her just to marry a silly childhood friend who has money that I could earn on my own. Also if my eomma is the one who set you up to this then you can tell her that she's not going to get what she wants."

Irene started Junmyeon down before walking off frustrated. She knew that her mother wasn't going to leave her alone until she did what she wanted.

-

"Lis, can I talk to you?"

Jennie walked up to where Lisa was sitting with some of her other friends. Lisa was a bit hesistant but decided that she had to talk to Jennie sooner or later so she picked up her things and bid her friends goodbye before walking off with Jennie.

"You probably know what I'm going to say but I'm so sorry for what I said about you and Irene a while ago I was just jealous and you were spending so much time with her and I didn't think she would actually date you because she never dates anyone and I just-" Jennie rambled on but stopped when she saw Lisa laughing.

"What's so funny? I'm trying to apologize." Jennie pouted while Lisa gave her a tight hug while laughing.

"Jen, were you seriously jealous of me and Irene? I literally hang with you all the time."

"I know but what if you stopped."

"Jennie, I would never. Even when I was mad at you I missed you being around."

Jennie looked down slightly embarrassed about how she went to great lengths about this when it wasn't such a big deal.

"Soooo, are we best friends again?"

"Of course Jen."

The two talked a bit longer until the bell rung and the two separated to go to their classes.

Lisa smiled to herself, hugging her text books to her chest, happy that she and Jennie had made up because she had missed being around her best friend these last couple days.

Lisa arrived to her class and sat down smiling to herself, happy that life was finally going her way.

-

"Joohyun."

"Yes."

"Have you thought about the decision?"

"Yes."

"What is your answer."

"I will go through with it."

"Good, I'll arrange for you to move out of your dorm and get your GED, then once the winter months come you will get married."

Irene sighed and nodded her head.

"Who am I getting married to ?"

"You'll meet him tomorrow."

Irene nodded and began to walk up the stairs to her old room.

"Are you staying here tonight?"

"Yes, is that alright."

"I'm happy to see you home." Irene's mother smiled at her, happy to see her daughter cooperating.

Once Irene got to her room she laid down on her bed and pulled out her phone. She had to break the news to Lisa, she couldn't continue to try and avoid her and the rest of her family so she had to comply and get married. Since she was the eldest child and her mother and her stepfather didn't have any sons of age to get married and continue on the legacy, Irene was the only option.

Irene sent one small break up text to Lisa and turned her phone off. Everything she had done and all the time she had spent with Lisa was for nothing. Irene at this point had to just forget it all, now she had to just leave everything behind.

-

"Lisa just pick a dress, Irene would think you're pretty in any outfit."

"But it needs to be perfect so that when Irene sees me, she'll be surprised."

"Just show up naked, she'll be surprised all right."

Lisa looked back at a laughing Jisoo and rolled her eyes.

"We're not like you and chae."

"Ouch."

Jisoo began to fake cry which made Lisa laugh.

"Just please choose a dress so we can go because I need to pick up Chae from the library then we're gonna go to Jennie's."

"Okay unnie just let me try on one more and I'll be out soon."

Lisa walked back into the dressing room with another pretty dress. She tried it on and admired herself in the mirror and smiled.

"This is the one." She muttered to herself.

" She muttered to herself

( ^ the dress)

Lisa was just about to come out when her phone buzzed with a text from Irene.

My love 🥰💜 :
Lisa, I don't want to be with you anymore. I'm tired of pretending that I love when I don't. Don't call or text and don't worry I'm moving out of the dorm soon.

Lisa read the text over and over not wanting to believe. Just as her life was getting better this happened.

I'm gonna write a jenlisa book soon since this book is going to be finished soon.