E

I'm pretty sure Taehyung is embarrassed about what happened Tuesday evening. When he got home from work on Wednesday, he barely said a word to me. He even took his dinner into his office so that he could apparently eat while he worked. I don't doubt that he was, but there have been plenty of other nights where he had work to do but still managed to sit with me for dinner. I'm not particularly hurt by his actions, I just don't understand why he's trying to avoid me when we already settled things.

If it had just been last night I would've shrugged it off but this morning he also tried to keep his distance. It's not like we chat for long since Taehyung is busy trying to assure he makes it on time for his job. But he usually asks me how I slept and I'll wish him well before he leaves the house. This morning he took the smoothie I made for him and practically sprinted away, barely giving me a chance to say a simple good morning.

My plan was to confront him when he got home, to ask him if what happened was bothering him or something. And yet it's now 8:46 and he still hasn't come back from work. Generally he's here by 5:30 at the latest. The fact that it's more than three hours later and he hasn't even called to tell me where he is, is causing me to panic. What if he got into a collision? I've had the news station turned on since 6:17 just in case but nothing has been reported. There's always a chance it was an accident with no one else involved. Who knows how long it would take before someone found him.

The thought of calling Jimin briefly crossed my mind but I thought it would be better to wait. For all I know, Taehyung's car broke down or something and he decided to take public transit home. Maybe someone who works with him was actually able to convince him to go out for dinner or something to celebrate Tuesday's accomplishment. Or maybe Taehyung is just finishing up work in his office instead of coming home because he's still trying to evade me.

A pin is being entered into the keypad on the door. It's wrong--a shrill beep indicating such--and I hear a frustrated groan from outside. A pin is entered again, this time more frantically, and it's also incorrect. There is a bang at the door followed by a curse. I recognize the voice instantly and rush over to the door, opening it just as the person was about to try inputting the password for the third time.

"Thanks," Taehyung says harshly, shouldering past me.

"You're home so late," I note quietly, closing the door gently. "I was worried that you might've gotten into an accident."

"Nope, everything's great. Just dandy," the brunette spits out sarcastically. He kicks off his shoes, stomps into the kitchen and throws his briefcase onto the counter. I follow behind him cautiously.

"D-Did something bad happen at work?" I ask tentatively.

"Hm? Oh you know, sat in an hour-long meeting where I was practically under fire the entire time because the people under my supervision don't know jack shit and deserve to lose their jobs. Basically was told if they don't get their fucking shit together then my paycheck will also take a hit because it's gonna affect the whole goddamn business and 'it's only fair' that the CEO gives everyone less money instead of getting rid of the inept people. As if it couldn't get worse, my father was also there in the room and got to just sit back as his son was reprimanded like a child for something he didn't do, topped off with a spank to the ass.

"Once the meeting was over, he came up to me and tried to spout some bullshit about learning from criticism, clearly not taking the hint that I didn't wanna talk to anyone for the rest of the day. My boss came to me right before I was ready to pack up and gave me some report that needed to be finished today, meaning I had to stay overtime to finish the fucking thing for that cunt.

"After having an awful day, I just wanted to go home and fucking relax for more than two minutes but of course my bad luck wouldn't end there. A motherfucking cop--" Taehyung throws a small plastic slip at the ground, creating a scratch in the hardwood due to the amount of force exerted, "--gave me a fucking ticket for doing seventy-five in a sixty zone. I've been caught a couple times doing the exact same speed in that area, maybe even a little more, and both times I was let off the hook. But this fucking bastard just couldn't let me go! Nope! He just had to be the cherry on top to my shitful day."