C

"You sure you can handle him? He might be a bit of a pain in the ass."

"He can't be worse than you," I tease.

Taehyung grunts. "Only in certain aspects. He's really good at getting information out of people, especially if he suspects you of lying."

"Your secret is safe. I promise to uphold my end of the deal. Now you should get going so that you aren't late," I smile, pointing to the clock on the microwave to elucidate my point.

"Okay, geez, I'm going," he huffs.

Jimin had unexpectedly called Taehyung while he was at work and said he wanted to come over tonight. The only difference compared to last week was he didn't want Taehyung to be here. To make sure the brunette would be busy, Jimin bought a ticket to a symphony and gave it to his friend. Taehyung was suspicious of the baker's motives, and honestly I was too. I couldn't figure out why he suddenly wanted to visit me without Taehyung being around. With a little bit of persuasion on my part, I managed to convince Taehyung to accept the ticket and give in to Jimin's wishes. It was a Friday night and it would be nice if my master could go out and do something fun and different.

"I should be back before midnight. You two better not do anything stupid," Taehyung mumbles, putting on his shoes.

"Yes, yes, of course. Stop stalling and go! Tell me all about it once you come back."

Without giving him a chance to respond, I open the door for the brunette and shove him outside, locking him out. The longer he stays here, the more he'll start to second-guess his decision and then, next thing you know, he'll be refusing to go to the symphony. I'm not about to let Jimin's hard work go to waste.

Speaking of the man, he should be arriving soon. The time is currently 6:07 and Jimin had told Taehyung he would try to get here for 6:15. I still can't comprehend why he wishes to visit me while Taehyung is absent. I pray that I'm reading into this too deeply and his only intent is to spend more time with me. With how things are shaping out, there are most likely going to be ulterior motives behind this visit, however.

Three knocks at the door alert me and I hurry over to welcome in the guest. Jimin is standing there, an expression on his face that is giving me the impression he is scheming as the seconds go by. The smile he offers me isn't like his usual ones--it's forced and somewhat half-hearted, as if he's only doing it because he feels it to be necessary. I step aside and motion for him to enter, which he does without hesitation.

"It's nice to see you again," I greet meekly.

Jimin simply hums in response as he toes off his shoes before moving in deeper into the apartment. I follow him closely as he makes a beeline for Taehyung's bedroom. A sense of dread has already begun to settle in my stomach but I choose to watch the gray-haired man do as he pleases--for now. The moment he opens the bedside drawer, everything clicks and suddenly makes sense.

"Check everywhere; in the corners, under the bed, by the chaise lounge, the closet, around the TV. We're going to find whatever it is he's hiding and take it before he does some serious damage to himself," Jimin commands in an authoritative tone.

"Jimin, there's something I should tell you about that." The man immediately stops what he's doing, looking at me expectantly and with disquiet in his eyes. "Let's sit down on the bed."

We sit at the foot of it, facing each other silently. Jimin's uneasiness is emanating at a tremendous strength and I can't help but feel guilty about causing him such anxiety.

"I-Is it bad?" he whispers.

"No, not at all," I reassure with a comforting smile. "I confronted Taehyung about the issue. It turns out he was taking something he wasn't supposed to. However, I managed to convince him to stop and he promised he wouldn't continue to use it."