T

"Why in the world does it smell like a bakery?"

I redirect my attention from the television currently displaying some random show to the brunette who has just walked into the house. Jimin mutes the TV before galloping over to Taehyung, grabbing him by his sleeve and dragging him into the kitchen.

"Brownies!" he squeals, pointing at the plate on the counter holding the treats.

"For the love of God, more?"

"Don't even with me. I know you're probably screaming with anticipation inside your head," Jimin accuses, folding his arms across his chest.

Taehyung sighs and pinches the bridge of his nose. "I'm really not but okay." His head lolls to the side so that he can give me a lazy glance. "Did you help with these?"

"Yup!" I assert proudly, puffing out my chest. "It was pretty simple. Jimin said he thinks I have a new talent."

"Is that so? Does that mean you want to give up on photography and pursue this new dream of yours?" Taehyung asks, tone teasing.

"Oh no, not this again. I already decided I would do photography, stop trying to get rid of me."

"She's learning photography?" Jimin questions his friend, eyes wide in incredulity.

"Yes, she is," I reply, earning myself a playful eye roll from the gray-haired man. "Taehyung is teaching me."

Jimin looks even more stupefied, jaw going slack as his mouth hangs open. He stares at the brunette with skepticism, as if waiting for the man to tell him it's all a joke.

"She's telling the truth," Taehyung confesses, evading Jimin's gaze.

The baker opens and closes his mouth several times, appearing similar to a fish out of water, before finally finding his voice. "T-That's great! I...wow, this is great news!"

"We've only done it once but I hope that I'll be able to master the skill soon," I smile optimistically.

"I'm sure you will!" Jimin focuses his attention on Taehyung, positively beaming. "How's she doing? Is she a good student?"

"She sucks," the brunette shrugs and I shoot him a glare before he adds, "but that's to be expected when it's her first time. She picks up on stuff really quickly though, so I don't think it'll take long before she's a pro."

"You'll have to let me see some of your work when you feel more comfortable handling a camera," Jimin chortles, giving me a wink. The baker glances over at the television before letting out a hum. "It's getting a bit late. I should start heading home."

"You can stay," Taehyung offers hesitantly.

The gray-haired man smiles regrettably. "I...think I'll have to decline this time, too."

Taehyung nods in an understanding manner, throwing his arm in front of himself, gesturing at nothing in particular. "I'll see you to the front door."

Before following his friend, Jimin walks up to me and wraps his arms around my shoulders, pulling me close into a hug. His lips are right next to my ear when he whispers, "keep an eye on him and take care of him for me, yeah?"

I pat his back as he pulls away, waving my way before allowing Taehyung to bring him out of the kitchen and around to the door. Without saying much, the gray-haired man departs, leaving behind a sort of melancholic atmosphere.

°。°。°。°。°。°。°。

"So, are you busy today?"

I scoff and give the brunette a sarcastic grin. "My schedule is looking a bit packed today, unfortunately. A lot of sitting around and doing nothing, it seems."