C

"So I called Jimin."

I spare a glance over at my master before returning my attention to the camera in my hands. "I assume you set up a date with him?"

"Yup. This upcoming Saturday he and you are gonna have your little tea party. I hope you're prepared to become a slave in the kitchen--Jimin takes baking very seriously."

I look at the man sitting on the bench and tilt my head in confusion. "Really? I mean I guess I expect it since he's a baker and all. When he came over that one time while you went to the symphony he wasn't that bad, though."

"He mellows out when he's at my place, or any other for that matter. But his kitchen? I think he imagines he's in a war zone or something." Taehyung stands up and brings his own camera up to his face, taking a quick, random snap of the sky. "Although, now that I think about it, he probably doesn't wanna scare you away so he might be nicer. I'm warning you though, once he starts getting more comfortable around you he'll let his true colours show."

"What will you do when I'm gone?" I inquire. "Will you miss me?"

"Nope, not a chance," he replies without missing a beat. "But you got me stumped with the first question--I don't really know what I'm gonna do. I'll probably start off working in the morning but after that..."

"You should come out here and take pictures," I suggest.

"Nah, it'll be boring. Not for the first little while but I can't stay out here for more than an hour. It'll start getting weird."

"Why not? We usually spend a good portion of the afternoon out here," I point out.

"Yeah but that's because we're together. You complain about your pictures or camera, I mock you; it passes the time. Sometimes we've got conversations like this one, too."

"Are you trying to say it's more interesting when I'm with you?" I ask with a cheeky grin.

"Don't be so conceited. Did you pull that outta your ass? I never said that nor did I hint towards it," Taehyung scowls.

"Um, you basically said that when I'm out here the time flies by. That would imply that you enjoy yourself when I'm around." I giggle to myself, a giddy feeling bubbling up inside me. "No need to be embarrassed. If it makes you feel any better, I have fun with you out here, too."

The heterochromatic-haired man sighs defeatedly, looking up at the sky as if he were sending a silent prayer for help. "There's no use arguing with you. Feel free to believe whatever fucked up fantasy you want but I know what I meant and it certainly wasn't that."

"Whatever. Back to the subject at hand, I still think you should practise your skills, even if you'll have to do it alone. I would suggest watching a movie but your taste is sorta...depressing. Oh! You should go to an art museum or something. It could inspire you to invest more in photography, or get into art as a whole."

"You do realize I've still got a week to think about this, right? We don't need to decide right this second," Taehyung snickers.

"Yeah, but you're so busy you won't have time. You'll probably end up waiting until Friday night before coming up with something."

"This week is lighter than most in terms of workload. I'll be fine."

"Really now, is it?" I reply sarcastically.

"Wednesday I'm off and Thursday is a shorter day," the man counters.

I feign a shocked gasp. "Kim Taehyung, slacking on the job?"

"Ha-ha, very funny. I've got a session with my psychologist Wednesday."

"Alright, so there's one excuse. Doesn't explain why you're coming home early Thursday, though," I press, crossing my arms over my chest.