E

The second Taehyung arrives home, he marches into my room and, without batting an eye, says, "get changed. We're going out."

"Okay, first of all, who decided this? Second of all, what would I be changing into? And lastly, why are we going out? You've already got plans tonight."

The man huffs and throws a shopping bag at me. I peek inside and see what looks like a black dress. "I decided. I'll explain what it's about once we get to our destination. You can wear this. I had Jimin pick it up for me."

"How did you know my size?" I question, looking at the tag on the dress. Then I glance up at him suspiciously, narrowing my eyes. "You didn't answer my third question."

"I checked your clothes when you were busy making dinner about a week ago," he shrugs, turning around to walk out of my room.

"You still haven't answered the other question!" I call out to him.

"We leave in ten minutes! Better start getting ready; it's a fancy restaurant!" he hollers back, still choosing to ignore my query.

That has my heart rate picking up and I leap up from my bed to slam my door shut and start getting unchanged. How nice of him to give me such short notice. I wiggle my way into the dress, observing myself in the full-length mirror afterwards. The strapless outfit is a bit form-fitting and it reaches just above my knees. Although I'm not entirely sure I'll be able to pull it off, I'm still grateful to be able to dress up so nicely for a change. I hurry to the bathroom to run a brush through my hair and put on a light amount of makeup. When I'm finished and feeling rather proud, I admire myself for a moment before leaving to go wait in the living room.

Taehyung enters the room two minutes later dressed in all black--his trouser, the button-down shirt, the blazer, even the tie. It's at that moment I realize the only shoes I have are the black pumps I wear on a regular basis. And, while they aren't terrible for this occasion, they are pretty worn-out and scuffed.

I jump up from the couch and give my master an apologetic look. "Give me a minute. I need to wash my shoes."

"No need for that," Taehyung says, waving a hand dismissively. He holds up a box and shakes it for emphasis. "I had Jimin buy some shoes to match the dress." Then he gestures for me to sit back down. "Just relax."

I hesitantly lower myself back down onto the sofa, watching the heterochromatic-haired man cautiously as he approaches me. When he kneels in front of me, my heart leaps into my throat and I immediately push at his shoulders--not too roughly, of course.

"Oh my God, you don't need--"

"Please, allow me," Taehyung interrupts calmly.

I swallow hard--hopefully not too audibly--and hold my breath as he removes the shoes from the box. They're black, open-toe platform stilettos, a perfect match for the dress. Taehyung delicately slides my foot into a shoe, carefully fiddling with the strap that wraps around my ankle. Once he's finished with that heel, he does the exact same with the other. Throughout the whole process, I feel like my senses have become drastically heightened. Every time his hand brushes against my skin, it leaves behind a trail of tingles. The cologne he's wearing is quite distinct in the air. All I can hear are his own soft breaths. His hair looks unbelievably soft. 

"There, all done," he announces, putting the empty shoebox on the coffee table. "Now, let's get going. We've got a reservation and I don't wanna be late."

It's quite obvious by now that it's just gonna be us tonight. The only question I have now, besides the reason behind all this, is whether there was another person at any point or if he had planned for me to go out with him from the beginning. When we were discussing this date on the weekend and I asked if it was with a girl, he said it was complicated. Me being a robot could certainly fit that description.