H

"Are you sure?" I repeat for the third time.

"Christ, if I wasn't I never would've offered in the first place. Besides, we never got to it yesterday so don't you want to make up for that?" Taehyung huffs as he rolls his eyes.

Truth be told, I was ecstatic. He had suggested going out to practice photography today and I certainly wasn't opposed to the idea. But I honestly wouldn't have minded if he wanted to just chill at home today, especially after spilling out his deepest secrets. Maybe getting out and keeping his mind preoccupied was better, though.

"And since I couldn't do it yesterday..." Taehyung trails off, fidgety. He brings his hands in front of him--which had been hidden behind his back--and presents to me a wrapped box. "H-Have this."

"For me? Thank you." I delicately take the gift and begin removing the neat ribbon adorning it. "You were going to give this to me yesterday?"

"Yeah until you screwed everything up," he gripes, but there's a hint of a smirk pulling at his lips. "That's what I went to get while you were supposed to be waiting here."

I open up the box and nearly drop everything once I realize what Taehyung got me. It's a Canon Powershot SX620 HS digital camera.

"Y-You..."

"It's not as nice as the camera I had you practicing with last week, but I thought you might be comfortable using something like this while you're just starting out. It's small, easier to use and not nearly as expensive as my cameras so feel free to hack it up," the brunette says. He rubs the back of his neck abashedly, avoiding my gaze. "And now that you've got your own camera you can practice whenever you want. It's bound to be more exhilarating than staying cooped up in the house while I'm at work, twiddling your thumbs."

"I--thank you. This means a lot to me, really," I utter. Something tightens in my chest and I suddenly feel overwhelmed. Somehow I'm able to resist the urge to burst out into tears. "I can't believe this. If I had known you bought this I never would've gone into your office. I thought you forgot your camera so I went to go get it...while also fulfilling my own selfish desires." I look up at Taehyung with a puzzled expression. "Wait, why did you come back up here anyway?"

"I remembered that I left my computer on. Saving power is important to me," he replies, tone dull.

I let out a soft hum, returning my attention back to the gift. "I can't thank you enough, seriously. I'm so happy right now you don't even know it."

"Why don't we go try it out?" Taehyung suggests, paying an exceptional amount of attention to the gaps in the hardwood floor, using his toe to trace along the line. 

°。°。°。°。°。°。°。

"Okay, what's with the face?"

I furrow my brows in confusion. "What do you mean?"

"No need to play dumb. Every time you take a picture, you look somewhat disappointed even though they look fine. So what's wrong?" Taehyung elaborates.

"I guess they just look sorta...bland? I think I had gotten used to how professional they looked on your camera and on mine they look like they've been taken by an amateur," I shrug.

"Alright, first of all, you are an amateur. Secondly, the photos that you took certainly didn't look professional but mine do so I'll take that as a compliment directed at me. Lastly, are you complaining about the gift? Because I can return it if you don't--"

"That's not what I'm saying!" I hurriedly interrupt. "I'm eternally grateful. The camera is way easier to handle due to the small, convent size. I suppose I just got accustomed to how they looked on yours so now these look ten times more boring."