P

The moment I hear the front door opening, tinkling laughter fills the air, immediately bringing a smile to my face. I set the last plate in front of one of the spots at the bar and wait for the two culprits to reveal themselves.

"Welcome back," I call out.

Seconds later, Jimin jumps out from around the corner, a blinding smile stretching his face. "Are you prepared?"

"I'm not showing her! Phoenix, just close your eyes until I tell you the coast is clear!" I hear Taehyung exclaim.

"Oh dear, what did you do to him?" I sigh, shaking my head as the gray-haired man breaks out into a fit of giggles that he's desperately trying to mask with his hand.

"She's gonna see it eventually. You can't hide forever so you might as well get it over and done with," Jimin teases.

A few beats of silence pass before Taehyung appears from behind the wall, a frown on his face. My eyes are instantly glued to his head and I'm unable to stop a small noise of surprise from escaping me.

"This is..."

When he had told me yesterday that he and Jimin would be going out to have their hair done, something like this had never crossed my mind. His hair is wavy, which definitely looks different from how he usually does his hair, but it isn't the more noticeable change. His hair is now blonde...but only on one half of his head. The other half is pink.

"I'll be honest, I don't really know what to say," I confess.

Jimin's body wracks with laughter, causing him to lose his balance and lean onto his best friend for support. Although I can't help but wonder if their relationship is going to change after this.

"I knew it would be a bad idea," Taehyung groans.

"No!" I say hurriedly, waving my hands around frantically which only elicits more laughter from Jimin. "I actually think it's really nice. You pull it off well. I just never would've expected you to get something like this done because...well, it's you we're talking about."

"See? I told you she'd like it," the baker lilts, poking the heterochromatic-haired man's chest.

"Do you really mean it or are you just trying to make me feel better?" the man grumbles.

"I love it," I beam. Taehyung brightens up a bit when he hears this. I gesture to the food presented on the plates. "You two must be hungry. Eat up to your heart's content."

My master and Jimin sit on one side while I drag one of the chairs around to the other side, sitting across from them.

"This looks great, Phoenix. Thank you so much," Jimin hums, delighted.

"So I'm going to assume the dye job was your idea?"

The gray-haired man nods proudly. "While we were on the way to the salon, I told Tae-Tae he should do something exciting like this as a way to celebrate. What's most shocking is it didn't take a lot of convincing on my part for him to agree to it."

"Celebrate? What's the occasion?" I inquire.

"Yeah, he wouldn't tell me what that was all about either," Taehyung remarks.

"Later. But anyways," the man continued. "We get there and Taehyungie gets his hair done. It looked great but personally, I thought it could use a bit more...spice. The colours were amazing but after tousling his hair around they were all blended in the middle. Which isn't bad but I wanted it to pop more, y'know? So I forced the cosmetologist into styling his hair like this. Can you believe that this is what bothered him more? He was freaking out!"