D

"Alright, I think I've got all the ingredients he asked me for. I should be good to go," I announce proudly, hands on my hips.

"Yeah, literally. Jimin just texted me and said that he's here," Taehyung replies from where he's lounging on the couch.

"Oh my God, really?" I gasp, quickly grabbing the plastic bag full of various foods. "I don't wanna keep him waiting."

"Yes, and the quicker you leave, the better it is for me. It's been too long since I've had a day all to myself," the heterochromatic-haired man snickers, slowly pushing himself up onto his feet and following me over to the front door.

"Oh, hush up. You're gonna miss me. In fact, you might not know what to do with yourself because you're too used to having me around."

"Doubt it," he scoffs. "I'll get some much-needed rest and I won't have to worry about you waking me up with your loud as fuck voice."

I make a noise of indignation, placing a hand on my chest. "I'm offended. I'm not even that loud." In a more serious tone I add, "but I agree that you should get some rest. You don't look so good today."

It's not unusual for Taehyung to look tired, but on a weekend morning it's a bit out of the ordinary. Especially considering how easy his week was. There are dark purple bags under his eyes and he has an almost dead look in them, like he's unbothered by everything around him.

"I couldn't sleep well last night. There was a lot on my mind," he mumbles, breaking off into a yawn as if to accentuate his point.

Honestly, I've never seen him in a state like this and it's mildly concerning. "Do you want me to stay? I could run down and let Jimin know that today won't work and that tomorrow would be better."

"No, absolutely not," Taehyung replies firmly.

"But--"

"Don't worry about me, okay? I'll live. Jimin, however, will not if you cancel your plans with him. He's been looking forward to this all week. Do you want me to show you the ten million texts I have as proof?"

"I think I'll pass," I chuckle. However, a frown quickly returns to my face. "I'm still worried about you, though."

"I'll be fine, I promise. I don't want to mess up everything for you two." Taehyung pats me on the back awkwardly before shoving my shoulder. "Now leave. Staying here any longer is just gonna have you second-guessing your decisions. Plus, you're making Jimin wait."

I huff but nod, albeit reluctantly. "Alright, I'll go. I'll be back around dinner, okay? Get some rest and maybe go and take some pictures outside later or something. Do whatever it is that will make you happy and relaxed."

"Aye, aye, Captain," he replies, giving a mock salute. "Or maybe it'd be more accurate for me to address you as 'mom'."

"Hell no." I step outside the apartment and give Taehyung a wave. "See you later, matey."

°。°。°。°。°。°。°。

"A lemon meringue pie?"

"Oh, they're so good. Taehyungie really likes them, too," Jimin chimes excitedly, bouncing on the balls of his feet. "I've got everything planned out already so don't you fret. Our roles are decided and I made sure to give you the hardest steps."

"I'm sorry, what did you just say?" I blanch.

Jimin laughs brightly, smacking my arm. "I'm kidding! You should've seen the look on your face. But for real, I gave you the parts that are easiest, just so that you don't feel too overwhelmed or anything."