4) Meri Behna? Sunn nahi rahi

Ultimate Fam Playlist: Supermarket Flowers by Ed Sheeran

Janvi's POV

Love others, but never ever let that love make you feel small. Don't love anyone so much that it will hurt you.

Although I thought I didn't wanna make ammends with my sister, I realised she needs to know the truth. Because if I was in her place, I would want to know.

So I tried.

For an entire week, I tried meeting Mansi, tried talking to her, tried my best to atleast get some time in private to talk to her.

But she just waived me off every time. She literally pretended I didn't exist or something. Or she'd on purpose cut me off by saying something out of the subject, or she'd just storm off.

I did something bad, I know.

But not so bad that I'm being shoved from being a best friend to some distant cousin. I was her cousin, even distant now, but we meant so much to each other more than half our lives.

Tears found their way easily to my eyes and even after years of meditation and therapy, I'm just a human with a lot of empathy.

'Mansi?'

She was playing a video game on her big flat screen, while I stood on the door. Sadly, the room she and I decorated together was completely altered and different.

Like she was.

Beer cans, pizza boxes and big packet of potato wafers lay scattered in front of her, and she had her headphones on.

It was a Saturday, hence Mansi was home, but she never stepped out of her room once. Not even at dinner or lunch which was very awkward with the elders.

My entire week with the Vadhera's went so slow. Normally Mansi and I had a proper and fun filled itenary planned. There'd be games, movie nights, various other tactical plans to get both families together.

This time, I had a plan to unite both families.

Just, it wasn't any fun.

Although it was supposed to be my vacation, I had to keep attending and even diverting calls which attacked my personal mobile most of the week and the evenings were full of lectures and assignments.

Bua daadi didn't spare me one look the entire week. Like Mansi she was doing her best to avoid me.

Vanshi Daadi was the only one who normally conversed with me and made me feel like I wasn't invisible. The way she looked at me was more like she was looking for some other person.

And i knew who.

Veer was busy in medical school while Bade Papa was busy with work.

The only people who were around me twenty four seven were my Chaudhary family. Nani would force feed me evening snacks right inthe middle of my lectures. Nana would keep track of my medicines ( I am always sick), and my brother Samar was true to his word to my pa.

He was literally not leaving me.

He was the main reason, I couldn't go ahead with what I actually came to do. Anywhere I would try to sneak, he'd sneak back at me and scare me.

Although I knew his intentions were good, I cannot do this with him loitering around.

That was another reason I wanted Mansi around, she could always drive him away while I melted with his puppy eyes.

She knew a way around everyone. She and her quirky ways were of so much of help to me. I never thought that one day I'd miss her ways so much.

She paused the game and glanced back, an annoyed expression coloured her face.