10. Meri Behna? I love that I can never hate her

10 Meri Behna? I love that I can never hate her

Ultimate fam playlist: O Panchi re (Reprised) Fitrat

Janvi's Pov

Things haven't been better than this day. Finally we went in that wretched store room and got all the beautiful memories right with us. The sadness which my mothers death gave me was overpowered by the happiness of having these all to me.

Mansi was as ecstatic as I was about watching all those videos that were made and I literally wanted to just keep smiling the whole day and tell everyone how happy I am.

More like call Paa and scream at him about how happy I was right now.

But then I realised when he'd ask me the reason, I'll be dumbfounded so that plan was a no no.

The point about keeping everything in my room was that no one came in this room often, mostly because it reminded everyone about the youngest Mr and Mrs Vadhera and hence we decided to stuff everything here.

Mansi was completing her assignment for work, dinner was long digested and dessert gone too as I sat on the bed with one of the albums in my hand. Since I had promised Mansi that we'd watch all the videos together, I thought it would be best to see an old album about my maa and badi maa.

They looked so beautiful and happy, it made me cry.

When I was shuffling through one of the bags, there was a medical file which caught my attention and instantly the albums were forgotten. These could be Mansi's or Veer's, so I took the big medical file in my hand and dusted it.

Since it was very old, I couldn't read the cover which was almost withered, but the pages inside were each in plastic cover wrap, so yay for me and bad for the environment.

As I flipped through a page, the knock on the door startled me.

'Who is it?'

'Mansi, jaldi khol.'

When I let her in, she narrowed her eyes at the album on the bed and waited for an explanation.

'I thought only videos were supposed to be watched together!'

She rolled her eyes and kept her laptop on the bed, as she plugged hers to the charging point near the bed, I told her about the file I held.

'Medical file? But kiski?'

We scanned through the pages, trying to make sense of both the typed heavy medical terms, doctors wavy handwriting and the medicines prescribed but to our dismay we couldn't make head or tails out of it.

'Seems like something really bad.' Mansi took the file in her hand, 'I don't have a good hunch about it.'

Now the way she said it, scared me too. But as she handed me the file back, proceeding to try one of the CDs in a very old laptop she had, I searched for the name of the patient.

Mansi sat back, trying to get the old CD working, but the old laptop kept ejecting it and none of the new laptops which we had carried a compact disk drive.

'I have never read such huge names!' Mansi just smiled at my comment, trying her luck with the CD, 'Wait, I got the name.'

Walking towards her, I placed the file on the bed and we sat with our heads bent over the file.

'Paitent Name: Maanvi Chaudhary'

We both looked at each other, confused and eager to know what happened to my mother, 'Maybe it happened before massi married Virat Pa.' Mansi made an excellent suggestion.