5) Meri Behna? Mastered in Masking

Baking Tip for the day: Buttercream is better when savoured quickly because buttercream is a bitch

Mansi's POV

Jeevika Vadhera and Manvi Chaudhary were sisters to the world.

But for each other, they were everything.

Everyone told us this.

Janvi and I had few collection of memories of our mothers. We've exchanged all of them. Every single detail we remembered of those two sisters were shared amongst us.

Well, that's what we've told each other.

Everytime we were together in one house, we'd keep asking for more and more memories about our mothers. Whatever was told to us was gladly accepted.

Amongst all these, we completely sidetracked one of the most important aspect of our lives.

Our fathers.

I didn't wanna believe Janvi, honestly whatever she said could possibly be taken as another stupid gameplan or something random.

But what could possibly be her motive for something like this? This had nothing to do with her. Nothing she'd gain from this.

But if she is true, then why didn't anyone from the family ever tell us?

This was the biggest revelation of our lives.

Virat Pa and Dad are brothers!

Real blood brothers.

Just like our mothers.

Fuck! Fuck.

I didn't know whether to smile or be pissed, to throw a tantrum or go hug my sister, to go yell at my dad or go cry with my Virat Pa.

What do I do?

'From where did you get those pictures?'

Janvi looked at me, flustered at first but then she collected herself. She pulled me in from the doorway and immediately latched the door.

While she did that, I took the old dusty frames in my hand, the vibrant picture of my dad with Virat Pa was raising so many questions. Yet what it did was bring a smile on my face.

The huge potrait of my massi and Virat Pa made my eyes numb.

She looked so beautiful.

'Did you make this?'

Janvi stood in front of me, taking the frame from my hand and placing them on her bed. 'No, I did not. I never have seen another wedding picture of my parents other than the one at home.'

There was a picture of the four of them, laughing, having fun, looking so full.

'Then?'

'I found them here in this room.'

'Why would you find pictures of massi here, in this room?'

'Because, this room is theirs. It's my parents room.'

She smiled when she said this. The last I saw her genuinely smile was when I told her I wanted to bake for a living.

Her eyes wandered the room, 'This is my parents room.'

'Janvi, what are you saying? How could there be a room allocated for massi and Virat Pa? I mean she was mom's sister right. Unless...'