13) Meri Behna? It was an accident

DEDICATION: shikha_006
Your comments make my day and thank you for being with this story so far ♥️

13) Meri Behna? It was an accident

Baking Tip for the Day: Preheating the oven is good, over heating it may burn both, the oven and the cake.

Mansi's POV

I never cry.

Not because I feel crying is a sign of weakness, infact I was always in awe with people who could cry on smaller things like making up with friends, or cry during sad endings and if like Janvi, cry during happy endings too.

But I never cry.

Mostly because only I never thought anything could be big enough reason than my mother's death to make me cry. I guess their death was the last time I cried bitterly, cried with tears, cried my heart out. After that day, I pledged I'd never cry and be there for everyone in the family.

I never cried when Ansh cheated on me, I never cried when Janvi betrayed me, I never cried when I saw that tape of them together, I never cried. Crying just didn't come naturally to me, and I guess I never thought I'd cry bitterly ever again.

But right now, as I'm seated with my family, outside the ICU, I cannot help but just feel that pain.

It wasn't loud crying like my Nani, it wasn't bitter crying like my G Ma or my badi beeji, it wasn't even silent tears like dad or everyone else.

My heart was breaking, and although I wanted to cry, I couldn't. Even though I know everything happened because of me.

Right now, at 2 in the morning, the entire clan was at the hospital, waiting outside for the doctor to assure us that everything is okay while Janvi lay unconscious. My dad was unimaginably the one who was actually crying, helpless as he waited outside with us, and had his head in his hands.

'Viren, sambhalo khud ko. Janvi ko kuch nahi hoga.' Bua daadi assured him, however sounding really doubtful herself.

'Kaise?' My dad cried, watching him vulnerable made me uncomfortable, 'Janvi ko kuch ho gaya, toh main kya jawab dunga Virat ko? Jeevika ko?'

On his helpless plea, everyone just sobbed and my brother Samar wiped his tears and comforted nani, as Veer stood besides me, his red eyes speaking a lot about his state.

This was all me. All my fault. Everyone here were in tears because of me. Janvi was in pain because of me. And I don't even want to know how Virat Pa was feeling right now.

They called him immediately and he's driving here alongwith with my Dabbu mama, badi beeji spoke to him but we're all afraid how rashly he'd drive to come here as soon as he can.

The doctor came out, closing the door behind him, 'Mr. Vadhera?' He addressed to my dad as the latter literally rushed, 'We are going through the MRI and citi scans to get a check on internal bleeding, as of now, there aren't any symptoms. The external bleeding has stopped, thankfully not much loss of blood but I'm afraid the hit was really bad, enough for a concussion. All we can hope is that the patient can get conscious again.'

'Can I atleast see her?' Dad said, almost pleading, 'Please, I just wanna see my daughter.'

The doctor debated, 'I don't think we can let it happen for now. She's under observation and we are checking for internal bleeding, however once that's clear, I'll let you in.'

While everyone just resumed to praying and crying, I felt restlessness and anxieties take me over. My heartbeats were acecerelating and I felt it was getting difficult to breathe.