19) Meri Behna? Too close, yet far

Baking Tip For The Day: Learn to measure your ingredients, too much or too less spoils the perfect taste 

Mansi's POV

I was used to a lot of things in life. I was used to being rich and getting all the financial help I could, I was used to getting the best of everything I ever laid my eyes on, I was used to being treated as one of the most respectable and valued persons.

I was used to being alone and by myself, I was used to being wanting a family but getting ignored, I was used to craving for my father's attention but getting none and I was used to reading my sister's face like a children's book.

No matter how much I'd want to give away my riches, my status to get some attention, some love from my Vadhera family, I knew that it was all in vain.

Just like no matter how much Janvi thought she could hide her emotions from me, but I could understand everything from her face itself.

Like I've mentioned before, reading Janvi's face was both a boon and a bane. Something happened last evening, after which she turned completely off and lost. Surely her smile seemed too real but her eyes, they lacked that light, that gleam because of which I could know that something was wrong.

The only time I can't read her face was whenever I was anxious or angry, because I couldn't comprehend my own feelings because of which reading her face was difficult, but otherwise I was a pro.

I don't know what exactly happened, but surely her constant glances at her phone and her worried gaze at me told me that it involvs me for certainty. But I'm sure if she's hiding it, then maybe she needs the time for it or it must not be something I should be bothered by.

So, maybe, I should let her deal with it her way. It's just that I trust her but not how everyone else deals with her. Just because she seems easygoing, I don't want someone to walk all over her.

Janvi often told me that things always unraveled, they always did, but I contradicted it by saying that sometimes waiting for things to happen was just wasting time. And I firmly believed in it.

That's why I say things upfront and Janvi calculates.

Maybe her mood will be better at the reception party tonight, because I'm definitely not leaving her along like last night. If it hadn't been for that idiotic Manav, who kept infuriating me, I wouldn't have left Janvi's side.

But some idiots are idiots for a reason.

It was seven in the morning, and I was in the kitchen. My job had me all worked up this week and hence I got no time to bake anything, so I thought I would whip some pancakes for everyone and tea alongside.

Janvi was a middle of the day person, which meant she neither gets up before seven nor sleeps any later than one. But I guess she didn't sleep well last night because of which she was still sleeping.

Sweety mami was graciously thankful this morning as she saw me making tea and moved back in her room, slowly everyone of the Chaudharys started waking up. My bua dadi was always up by 6 and would freshen up and read something. While my G Ma, she woke up as per her medications.

I had to personally go upstairs to ask Virat Pa to join us for breakfast, knowing how often he skipped it to avoid sitting with four Vadheras, but this time I stole his mobile while coming back. That ought to do the job.

Soon, Janvi, Samar and Veer were up too, and while Janvi offered to help me, Samar and Veer finished up one whole batch before I threw them away. I had made three types of pancakes, chocolate, berry and normal with honey as everyone helped themselves.