17) Meri Behna? Aur uska best friend

Baking Tip for the Day: Make sure to remove the cake only when it's cooled down

Hrishikesh

The soft cool wind hit my face and instantly, I smiled. It was both extravagant and simple, at the same time. Just like my sister and I, or like my mothers.

I parked the car at a tea stall, I may never drink tea but everytime I'd drive to Hrishikesh, this tea has often helped me refresh my memories about this place.

It was 1st of May, and I was about an hour away from Janvi's house, from our mother's house. Everyone else were going to arrive by evening, but I wanted to drive by night to reach by dawn. That way I'd wake up with the sunlight blessing the river Ganga and me, both.

'Arey, babyji, aap.'

It's funny how the tea stall owner remembers me, because it has been five whole years since I've stepped back here. Apparently since I always took my car to travel here, and those trips were really a lot, so I always stopped here to drink a cup of tea.

Sometimes I'd drag Janvi here too.

I smiled at him, sipping the tea as I sat on my car, watching the dark sky change colours. There weren't a lot of people up by now, but there were a handful.

Quickly I savoured the drink, tipped the owner a generous amount, mostly because he remembered me and hopped back in my car. It was so good to be back in the place I knew was my home.

Janvi knew I was going to reach in an hour, she was constantly calling me at intervals to make sure someone didn't kidnap me or I lost my way or like our mothers, died.

Everyone still freaks out whenever I drive my car, mostly because I drive rashly and of course my mothers died that way. Also, one of the reasons why Janvi doesn't know to drive, she's scared to try.

Guess who's going to change that this time.

I reached the marketplace and like I expected, the crowd had started collectively blocking my way to reach home. I didn't wanna honk and disturb the peace but few of them just didn't know how to walk.

As I hit my head on the steering, because none of them tried to move I looked up to watch few kids crossing while talking amongst them. I could see the other lane with speeding vehicles and then these idiots walking without watching.

On quick instance, I stepped out of my car on the middle of the road and called out to the children and they stopped while I walked towards them. We were on the middle railing, as I stopped them from crossing.

'Aise cross karte hai kya, dhyaan kaha hai tum sab ka.'

They looked sorry, and I let it slide, 'Where are you'll going so early?'

'Ganga ghat!' The younger one yelled, and the other three smiled, 'It is my birthday, so we always go to Ganga ghat.'

Smiling, I picked the younger one, 'Happy Birthday, waise agli baar please aache se road cross karna, okay?'

The oldest was at the most ten year old, and he nodded taking responsibility, they crossed the road when the light turned red and waved at me. Moving back to my car, I realised I had stopped many vehicles behind me and I bit my tongue.

The yelling and the honks were quite a mood kill as I quickly proceeded to reach my car but a biker parked across me and gave me an annoyed look.

'Dude get your stupid car off the road, you're blocking the road.'

'I am! okay'

He rolled his eyes, his hair falling over his face, 'You rich freaks don't deserve to be on these roads, take your Mercedes off from here.'