Part 1

Eric's Pov:

I looked at my alarm clock and groaned. Fuck my life. Yep that is the first thing that popped into my head. I heaved myself out of bed and made my way to the bathroom in my studio apartment. The only room in this place that is actually separated from the rest by walls and doors.

It's not a bad apartment. It's pretty big and in a very good neighborhood. In fact it's fairly nice, or it will be once I blow through some of my savings and do the damn place up.

Today's the first day of senior year and I should be excited or at least happy but I'm numb. No not from extensive drug use or anything like that. I'm just emotionally drained and have been for the last month.

When I came out to my parents. Dallas's homegrown world famous power couple. Neurosurgeon Alexander Stevens and Michelle Stevens top rated and top paid defense attorney to the super rich and super famous.

I knew it would be a shock to them. Hell I'm not some huge meat-head but I'm definitely not your stereotypical homo. I'm 6'1 and fairly muscled from basketball and track.

I rock the sexy laid back look and of course I'm hella smart. Not because I'm a natural genetically-gifted genius. I work my ass off studying and doing sports to make my parents proud.

They may not have been home very often because of their work and even the occasional media or book tour but I knew what they expected of me. Ivy league school and a prestigious career that would boost their egos. So they could boast to everyone about what a great job they did raising me and how much I'm just like them.

After I'd made partner or become a surgeon and had a few papers published I was supposed to settle down with a girl of similar back ground, buy a big house which in reality is closer to the heartless mansion I was raised in. Get a golden retriever and knock up the wife with two or three kids.

Yep that was what they decided I'd do with my life. Unfortunately, me being gay put a kink in their plan and the parent's do not deal well with that kind of thing. However I never expected to be kicked out and abandoned.

Okay so that was a little over-dramatic. My father wrote a check out for twenty grand threw it at me and told me to get the hell out until I got over my little 'rebellion'.

Mom didn't want me to 'die out on the streets' or worse stay with a friend and people find out. So she got me this studio apartment and paid it up for the school year. She ordered the maids to pack up my room and told me the movers would bring all my bedroom furniture and things in a few days. She handed me five grand and told me they'd put in an appearance at my graduation to keep gossip at bay.

I stayed in a hotel for the first few days until the electricity was turned on and my things were delivered. I deposited the cash and check from my parents into my account. Which already had about twenty five grand from all the times my parents couldn't be bothered to show up at a game or some function that was important to me but deemed inconsequential to them. So these kiss off deposits just doubled that. I went to my cellphone provider and had my phone number changed.

I haven't touched any of the money other then to get some groceries and buy some new school clothes. It's not a pride thing or anything like that. I just haven't been anywhere to waste it. My 2012 Charcoal Grey Dodge Charger was paid off. That was my 'present' for my 17th birthday as was the 1962 fully restored red and white Camero that I got for my 16th birthday. More like they didn't want to take a break for one day to spend time with me so they got me a car.

Both of my babies were parked outside and yeah I have the titles in my name so even if those assholes wanted to take them from me they cant. My car insurance and phone bill are paid up until next year because my parental unit didn't want to be bothered with my monthly bills so every January they pay the year in full.