Part 6

Eric's Pov:

I got out of my car and grinned when I saw Daniel, Kourtney and John rushing over.

"What it do kids?" I said slinging my backpack over my shoulder and closing my door.

John pulled me into a tight hug and patted my head. "I'm here for you buddy. I got your back and if you need anything just let me know." He said in an over dramatic voice.

I pulled away and looked at Daniel for answers because Kourtney was being just as weird as John.

"What's with the freaks?" I asked sidling closer to him.

He popped John on the back of the head and even though he rolled his eyes at Kourtney he had a small smile on his face. He looked back at me and his face went neutral.

"I'm assuming you didn't read Sunday's paper? Duh of course you didn't. None of us did but the Senator said something about it this morning to John and he read it and you know he's... John. No biggie or anything but you were in the gossip column. They apparently got wind of you being gay and got on the school's web page and so the incident with Coach was briefly talked about. I wouldn't worry too much. They didn't slam you at all, in fact the piece was very positive."

I nodded and shrugged. "No biggie then. They outed me to the rest of Dallas so what? It's not like I was in the closet anymore. So why are they tripping?"

Now he looked back at the school and nodded towards a car I knew all to well.

"What the hell are they doing here?" I yelled and stomped over to the building's grand entrance.

I flung open the door and I stalked to the office. Doris smiled kindly but advised me to stay out of there.

"Sweetie I don't want you getting worked up because they're being..."

"Assholes? Nah nothing they do surprises me. But this is crap and Delilah doesn't need to be dealing with their shit."

She nodded but looked at the clock. "I called her brother to come in and help. You know how your parents get when they... are in a mood. He should be here any minute. Just let them deal with it for you." She suggested sweetly.

I smiled at her but turned on my heel and walked into Delilah's office.

"How dare you let his dirty laundry get out into the media! Do you have any idea what this could do for our-"

I slammed the door shut and interrupted my mom's screams at the Dean.

"Morning to you too Michelle. Hello Alexander. Why are you at my school bothering my Dean?" I asked politely even though the anger I was feeling made me want to yell and yes even slam the door and stomp my foot.

My dad looked away from me in disgust and my mom glared. "Eric, now is not the time for one of your childish antics. Go to class while I deal with what you've done and how best to clean up your mess."

I smirked and took a few steps closer. "Morning Dean Becker. Sorry about them but it seems no matter how much money they have neither of them can afford manners or class."

I looked down at my seated parents and narrowed my eyes. "Let me point out the obvious. You two have no say or control over anything that pertains to me or my 'messes' Now you're going to leave here and not bother the good dean again."

My dad stood up and glared at me. "Don't take that tone with us! We have very important careers to protect and you flaunting your.. your 'rebellion' could jeopardize everything your mother and I have worked so hard for. You're dragging the family name through the mud and-"