Part 14

Eric's Pov:

I'd set the bottle of tequila on the table and was currently laying on my couch thinking over all the events from tonight. Ideally I could be getting shit wasted and not remembering what happened but that'd just be a temporary fix. Eventually I'm gonna see Steven again and have to apologize for my stupidity.

I glared at the floor, now would be an awesome time for you to crack open and swallow me whole.

*Knock*Knock*

I rolled my eyes because I just knew it was John and Kourtney and I really don't want to talk about tonight with them anymore. Every-thing's a joke and funny to those idiots and it's not fuckin funny when the guy I like shoots me down..

"Fuck off John, I already told y'all I was done for the night!" I yelled so they could hear through the door.

*Knock*Knock*Knock*

Grrrr stupid persistent bastard!

I stomped over to the door ready to yell at his pushy ass but stopped short when I saw who it was.

Steven stood there with his hand out holding my phone.

"Somehow I ended up with this and thought you might need it." He murmured quietly, giving his hand a little shake when I didn't reach for it.

When I made to grab it he closed his hand around mine.

"We need to talk Eric." He stated firmly looking me in the eye.

I grimaced but opened the door wider so he could come in.

"We can talk but.. I mean isn't it a little chick-ish if we sit there and analyze everything that happened tonight? We both know what happened and we both know I shouldn't have and that I took things too far when you were just trying to help and I didn't mean for you to-"

I slammed my mouth shut mid-ramble because he was smirking and I lost my fucking train of thought because that stupid smirk drew my eyes to his lips and made me think about how good they tasted and felt against mine.

"Can we talk about this? Like two rational adults, just sit and talk about everything that happened?"

"Look I'm sorry okay." I blurted out but he didn't release my hand.

Instead he smiled and pulled me into the house and to the kitchen table. He released my hand and grabbed the tequila and poured two shots and handed me one. He downed his and poured another and then one more and still hadn't said anything.

"Are we going to talk or are you just gonna free load on my liquor?" I snapped.

He rolled his eyes. "I was just trying to get my thoughts in order." He defended sliding the bottle back and forth between his hands.

"What's to get in order? We know what happened and I already apologized for taking the kiss too far and I'll even promise not to do that again if we can just-"

"Eric, stop with the apologies and guilt trips. If anyone should be apologizing for our kiss going too far it's me. I kissed you and I was the one that pulled you onto my lap. So all the fault falls on me. I'll add it to the very long list of things I should be apologizing to you for. You were right at the club when you said I was always vague and not so forth coming with my personal business. It wasn't the time or place for us to talk about every thing but considering what happ-"

"Oh for fucks sakes Steven! Who cares about what I said. I was out of line and it's none of my business what you do in your private life and I totally get it. You chat me up so I can feel like you're a friend so I have you to confide in cause Delilah thinks you'd be a good role model for me or whatever. On the same hand you're my teacher and coach first and foremost and if you were to actually open up to me that would blur the lines and make teaching me more difficult. I get it dude so chill. No need to get int-"