Part 7

Eric's Pov:

I rolled my neck and tried to ignore the anger that threatened to explode. I snatched the paper out of John's hands and waded it up.

Kourtney pulled my head to her chest and rubbed my hair. "It's alright honey buns. It wasn't that bad. I mean it wasn't that good but it could have been worse."

I pulled back and rolled my neck again. "Look just... I don't want to talk about it and KT no offence but you don't know what you're talking about. How would you feel if one of your exes went to the paper with details of your relationship?"

She grimaced and I sighed. "I'm just going to-"

"Eric?" I turned and sighed. "Whatever it is that you think I did to your office I swear this time it wasn't me." I said to Steven.

He rolled his eyes. "Hey guys you think you could give me and Eric a minute before the bell rings? Just some track stuff."

They walked off and I leaned back against the bench I was sitting on. Steven sat next to me and stared at the waded up newspaper on the ground.

"You know littering is a crime." He teased with a faint smile.

I rolled my eyes. "Harassment is too." I quipped.

He smirked. "Sooo I guess you saw the paper."

I groaned. "Yeah and it's.... I can't believe they printed that crap. Most of it isn't even true and him, I just can't believe he'd do some shit like that. Seriously shouldn't they have like contacted me to see if it was true?"

He leaned back and stared ahead. "People suck and unfortunately he must have had some proof that y'all used to date because-"

I stood up and rolled my neck again and snapped. "No we didn't date. We were friends and then a few times we hooked up when we were drunk but I mean come on he made it sound like... I mean two freakin articles about me in one week. I just wish the damn papers would remember that I'm not even out of school and cut me a little slack. How many other people are going to..." I trailed off because Steven was laughing.

"Steven this isn't funny! Sure most of that shit was lies but a few things were true and I don't like my personal business out there for everyone to read and-"

He placed a hand on my shoulder and gave it a comforting squeeze. "Look I'm not laughing because of what was in the article. It honestly wasn't that bad. Sure it said you were um dating quite a bit the last few years and you were ummm how was it phrased.."

He snapped his fingers and smiled. "Insatiable and that you have commitment issues. Who cares. In a few weeks you'll be old news and no body will even blink an eye at you. In the mean time you're gonna go crazy if you let this get to you. Just try and see the humor in all the idiocy."

I rolled my neck again to release some of the tension. "I think if it were at least more truthful I wouldn't be so pissed but I mean damn it's like a full fuckin article and out of all of that maybe a paragraph was actually factual and even that was taken out of context." I whined

"Simple solution then, demand the paper print a retraction. Tell them it was all crap and demand they correct it or you'll sick your mom on them."

I raised an eyebrow. "Cause I'm really gonna use mommy dearest as a means of cleaning this crap up. No."

"No you wont. You know that and I know that but as far as everyone else knows you're still one big happy family and your mom is a big ass name when it comes to the law and-"

I shook my head no. "Thanks but I never ask anyone to help me with my problems. You're right it'll be old news soon and until all this blows over I'll just lay low and basically just keep doing what I've been doing the last few months."