Part 27

Eric's Pov:

I sat down and gulped but resisted the urge to clasp Steven's hand in mine. That would be the opposite of helping even if it did make me feel better. His job was on the line here and so was my high school career and graduation.

An old guy that looked like he could be related to father time himself took Delilah's place as the head of the board since she was currently sitting on the other side of Steven defending her own job.

Guilt once again kicked me in the balls at the realization that I'd caused the man I love and his sister whom I happen to care about very much a shit ton of trouble.

"Let's get this tribunal going shall we. First off I'd like to address the suspicion that Dean Becker covered up her brother's indiscretion and though it is not illegal, it is highly immoral and deeply frowned upon. What say you to this Dean Becker?"

"I say before we even attempt to get into my so called cover up, the board first needs to ascertain that there was in fact something duplicitous happening between Eric and Steven. I've advised my brother to get an attorney to fight these ridiculous allegations but he has decided that as he has committed no offense he has no need. In a lawyer's stead I've decided to defend both he and Eric. It may be easier on the tribunal to question us all together as it'll clear up this ludicrous mess much faster as I have thing's to attend to as do both the boys."

"There is absolutely no need to play attorney as this is an informal hearing to ascertain the truth which I suspect shall shock us all."

"Be that as it may, the rules for these tribunals clearly state that the 'suspect' shall bring in council to assist against wrongful termination, be it as a student or an employee. As such I am just ensuring our rights to a fair and unbiased tribunal are adhered to. So let's get started."

"Dean Becker I am running this tribunal not you. So-"

"Well hell Dover get on with it. No need to wrap it all up in lengthy monologues and bull shit. We all know what the outcome will be as it seems you've already decided our guilt without much proof to substantiate it. All because it chaps your ass that for more years then you can probably count you've been gunning for my job and as yet have failed in your attempt to smear my name. So now you hear this preposterous claim of a romantic relationship between my brother and a student and decide this is your chance. All I can say to that is I pity you and to the boys I am so sorry y'all have been pulled into this nonsense."

"Fine, What say you Eric to having a relationship with Mr Becker?"

"I'd like a moment to confer with my client." Delilah snapped.

She looked at Steven and rolled her eyes. "How bout ya switch me seats bub so I can confer with both you morons so neither of you say the wrong thing." She whispered.

They quickly switched seats and she leaned to my ear. "Be as honest as you can with out actually admitting to anything that would cause suspicion. Can you do that or would you like for me to answer for you?"

"I'm good Delilah, there is no way I'm going to risk Steven's job. But feel free to jump in if you feel the need." I whispered back.

She grinned but dropped it and went back to glaring as she turned to face the tribunal's nine members.

"You may proceed with your question." She regally declared to them.

Most had a small smile at her sassy attitude that I've come to know so well. Except the guy she called Dover. He looked livid or constipated. It was hard to tell which.

"Answer the question Mr Stevens. Are you engaged in a relationship with Mr Becker?"

"Yes sir I am." I declared boldly, smirking at the surprised gasps that came from the entire board and Delilah's quiet muttering calling me a moron.