Part 11

Eric's Pov:

I stretched and shot the ball into the hoop. "Uhh huuhh nothin but net sucka! Check that score out!" I taunted Steven and a few of my team mates.

"Ooooh that sounded like a challenge Coach Becker! You're gonna have to school Eric!" One of my team mates yelled.

Steven grinned but shook his head. "Guys this is about you having fun, not me showing the pup how the big dogs play!" He joked.

"Burn!" Someone else teased.

"Eh guys leave Coach alone he's gonna get cranky cause his arthritis flared up and he can't shoot the ball! You know how hard it is for old people!" I teased patting his back sympathetically.

Steven smirked and looked around. "Alright Eric, game on. Don't cry when I cream you!" He murmured lowly to me.

I bit the inside of my cheek to keep from making a very naughty remark about how I'd love for us to 'cream together'

In the week since we made up I've been having to do that a lot. Damn you dirty mind.

He smirked and looked back at the team. "Alright, give us some space so I can show y'all how it's done."

We were at Chucky Cheese celebrating our team's mega ass kicking today. Six of our team placed during our track meet today. I had two first place finishes and one second place finish because it was a relay and the girl before me tripped and really slowed us down. But she picked herself up and handed off the baton so I ran my ass off and we finished second for that one.

Ehh it was only by a foot and at least we all know if she hadn't fallen we could have wiped the floors with all the other teams. Still it took balls for her to get up and finish her lap. I bet her ankle was killing her so in my book she stomped some ass!

Steven got us all to vote where he'd take us and what-what, it was unanimous. Chucky Cheese is kick ass no matter if you're eight or eighty. We ate pizza and played endless games until closing time. Got in the huge passenger van and drove back to the school's parking lot to get in our cars and head home.

Only today Daniel's truck had to be put in the shop and he needed to get home to take care of his little sister so I gave him my car and will be riding home with Steven. If I was Daniel I'd be nine kinds of pissed because he just got that truck a few months ago and it's already having issues. Note to self never buy a Chevy.

Steven once again told the team how great we did and how proud he was of us and we all ran out of the van and to our cars. Steven drove his lifted Ford F250 today and I rolled my eyes when he asked if I wanted him to drop the steps for me.

"No dumby just unlock this damn thing so I don't drown!" I yelled over the thunder.

He clicked his key fob again and we jumped in. "Sorry, thought I hit it twice already." He said innocently.

"Yeah sure. More like that was your passive aggressive way of paying me back for hiding the key to your office. Not that I actually hid it, cause um I didn't. That would have been wrong since the tests were in there and yeah I think you're just getting forgetful in your old age. Maybe you have early onset Alzheimer's cause it's so weird that Delilah found it in the freezer in the teacher's lounge."

He snorted and pulled in to Cold Stone Creamery. "Yeah I'm sure that's what happened. I suddenly developed dementia and hid my office key from myself in a freezer in the lounge that I've never actually been in yet. Coincidentally this happened when y'all had a test. You really need to work on your ninja moves."

"Pshhh I'm like the slickest ninja out there. You have no proof it was actually me. Maybe it was Delilah jacking with you. Or your dementia's kicking your ass cause you've been in the lounge like five times a day since school started but you just don't remember. Soooo anywhore what are we doing here?"