CHAPTER: 20

AUTHOR'S POV

"Rose baby you okay?How are you? Do you want something?" Alex was happy yet concerned and restless.

"Yes Eline, do you want something?" Stephen was concerned and jealous how Alex called his Eline 'baby'. On the other hand Alex was not pleased how his friend was overly concerned about his wife.

Alex reached for the glass of water on the side table. At the same time Stephen also reached for the same glass of water and Stephen snatched it from Alex's hand without looking at him. His focus was on Roseline. But Roseline was lying down on the bed. Soon Alex reached to help her sit. He held her close to his chest, so that he can pull her up and make her lean on the headboard.

But the proximity of the couple didn't go unnoticed by Stephen, who had his hands tightly wrapped around the glass. But however he shrugged it off and brought the glass to Rose or maybe he can say his Eline's lips.

Roseline who was oblivious to everything going on between the two friends, tiredly opened her lips to take a sip of the water. Alex and Stephen, both were relieved when they saw her drinking water.

Both of them were living in regret. Alex regret was much more thinking how he made her feel like she's nothing and how badly he treated her from day one of their marriage. He lived this two days like he's in hell. He was afraid to lose her, lose a chance to be with her and to make everything right. Most importantly to lose a chance to apologize properly. He wanted nothing but his Rose to wake up and be alright. Where Stephan on the other hand were thinking if he was with her, she would have been okay, not in this state.

Roseline looked up to see two concerned faces Infront of her

"A- Alex" she whispered out looking at her husband. Hearing his wife calling him made both Alex's heart and eyes to lit up. But Stephen was sad because he thought she only acknowledged Alex not him. But his sadness along with his thought went out of window when Roseline, his Eline turned to him and called

"Ste- Stephen"

His eyes also showed love as he heard her saying his name. But that moment Alex and Stephen looked at eachother. There was this bitterness in their eyes. . . Towards each other.

They both care about eachother. As well as they both care about the same person , Roseline. And that was the reason between their bitterness toward eachother.

But poor Roseline who doesn't know anything, was really tired. She was happy that she's alive. So that her loved ones won't be shedding tears for her. But she was sad too. Because she doesn't wanted to be a burden on Alex, nor she wanted him compelled to be with her more than he's already.

Soon their trail of thoughts broke when Dr Gregory entered the room

"Ok Mr Alex and Mr Ron , Don't suffocate her".

ALEXANDER'S POV

I can see that he care about Rose and I can feel there's something. . . . Something more in his eyes and behaviour. But it is not going to change the truth, the biggest truth that's I'm her husband.

Dr. Gregory entered the room breaking the invisible tension between us.

"Ok Mr Alex and Mr Stephen, don't suffocate her" he announced and we did step away from rose. He checked her BP and all. After checking her case sheet he turned around and said,

"She is okay. We will shift her to the room now and maybe in the evening you can get a discharge"

"Thank you doctor" I and Stephen looked at each other as we said that at same time. I found Rose and the doctor looking at us in a weird way.