CHAPTER: 42

Roseline's POV

"Rose-"

"How d-did you ge-get this?"

"When I was in France for two days, the meeting got extended. So I had to stay there for another day. Because the CEO of our rivals company got hospitalised and thereby he couldn't attend it" I was confused what he was saying and how any of this is related to any of this.

"Instead of him, his friend's daughter had to come and attend it. And the person who came to attend the meeting next day was none other than Amanda herself. I was shocked and angry at the same time. However the meeting went well, even if I could not bear her presence. I was frustrated seeing her. I couldn't get time off to call you as it was too hectic day for me. We were all working to get the deal confirmed for our company. When the meeting was over and everyone was leaving, she came to me. I swore I nearly killed her. But shockingly she kept saying sorry for what she did. I did not wanted to create a scene there, So I left without saying anything" All I did was look at him, as he continued.

"When I came back to my room I was really tired from all the work. I wanted to call you back. But it was really late. After a shower when I came back I saw an envelope being pushed to my room through the door. I opened it to find what was inside the envelope. And-" he looked down at the photographs in his hands "These photographs were what i found inside that envelope. I was shocked and angry. I wanted to find who was behind it. But when I opened the door,I didn't see anyone there. After that I got a message saying if I want to know the truth or who is behind those pictures, I should meet them in person in a place they said. And I went to meet that person. I wanted to get the truth. And I-" he looked down as he said that. Like he was sad and angry.

"An-And who was it?"

"I wasn't sure who was it. But when I reached the said room, I didnt find anything that could help me. But when I came back I met someone else. And It was Amanda" I shuddered hearing her name

Alexander's POV

"So it was Amanda?" She whispered, her barely audible as she fell down to the floor. I was scared for her. I crouched down near her and tried to hold her. But she pushed my hands away

"B-but ho-how? Where was she till now? And why did she sent those pictures?" She looked like she was in thoughts

"First she used to insult me, and then tr-tried to kill me when we were in Maldives . . .And now she is rea-lly th-threatening to k-kill me?. . . " her voice broke. I didn't knew what to tell her. She is right and she does have the right to ask me questions. I saw her as tear after tears left her eyes making my heart clench in pain. I hugged her tightly to my Chest.

"What did I ever do to her Alex? What did I do to her that she wants me dead?" She then looked at me "O-Oh my god, it's because of you Alex, right? Sh-she loved you. You were her boy-boyfriend. And now that you are my husband she wants me dead. Because she can get you back?"she said making me angry. Yes I have everything to do with this situation. If only I wasn't a playboy. . .If only I didn't get involved with Amanda the first time. I was never her boyfriend. She was nothing to me. I knew all she wanted was money. But I should have known that bit** is obsessed with me too. Looking down at my love who is crying looking into my eyes my heart clenched in pain. But my blood was boiling to kill Amanda. If I get her in my hands right now, she wont see the next sunrise. Because of her my Rose's life was in danger. But now as I increased the security, I'm sure no one will get inside without my knowledge. Rose was crying silently. But it wasn't good for her situation right now.

"I-I'm sorry I didn't wanted to scare you. That's why I didn't tell you anything. I know this will make you worry and scared which is not good for your health or our baby at the moment" I took a deep breath as I explained why. But what I'm scared about now is what I'm hiding from her now. I yet have to tell her that incident. But it is going to be stressful and heartbreaking for her. Especially when I don't have any proof to state my point to her yet. But I know I should tell her or else everything will turn up side down