Chapter twenty four

Pretend that he's writing the lyrics to "Walls"  (in the gif)and keep that in mind. 

Louis POV

"Thank you for letting me stay here Danielle." I throw my backpack on her couch. 

"No problem." she mumble without looking up from her phone. "I'm just happy to save your ass. Just don't drunk call me again okay? That was really weird."

I don't answer. I don't want to make a promise I can't keep. 

I never planned on getting help from a friend, but staying at a motel became expensive for me. I didn't have enough money to stay there anymore. Danielle have always been a close friend of me. Her family used to be close to my family. She has always been there for me since I was a kid. After dad died, we kinda lost the contact. I didn't just loose the contact with her, but I lost it with everyone. They all stopped talking to me because I acted like a asshole. I don't blame them, but even thought I didn't want to admit it, I wanted someone to stay. I wanted someone to still be there for me. Danielle was. She never left. Even when I was mean towards her, she stuck around.

"So Louis. My old friend, what brings you back to Doncaster?" she ask and sit down beside me in the couch.

"I don't want to talk about it." I answer quick and look down at my hands.

"Agh, cut the crap. You sure wanted to talk about it when you drunk called me." she laughs.

"Shut up." I groan and cover my face in embarrassment. 

"Oh, Danielle. I have no where to go. Harry will never take me back." she mock my voice.

"That's definitely not what I sound like." I shake my head.

"Whatever. Tell me about this Harry." she smile and light a cigarette.

She has changed so much since I last saw her. When I lived in Doncaster, she never did anything wrong. She was that perfect girl in your class everyone hates because she's always so innocent. Still everyone wants to be her. I really wonder when she started smoking and dressing like this. I mean her clothes can barely be called clothes. The long brown hair I used to admire is now coloured black at the end. She's still beautiful, but I liked the old her better.

"Helo! Stop staring at me and answer the damn question." she wave in front of my face.

"Sorry." I mumble. I didn't realise I was staring. 

"So this Harry, is he like your boyfriend?" she smirk and take a blow.

"No."

"But you want him to be?" she laughs and hand me the cigarette.

I ignore her question and take a deep blow. A few years ago I would never have imagined this. Us two sitting here smoking a cigarettte in this shitty apartment. She always used to tell me how she were going to have the biggest and most fancy house when she moved out. This apartment is far away from fancy.

"What made you come back Louis?" she ask again. Her tone is much more serious now. I look at her. Her face is also serious. She wants a real answer from me this time.

"Everything just went to hell. I mean I killed my own father and then I almost killed the only person I've ever been in love with. A girl said something about me that kinda just made me realise how dangerous I am for everyone around me." I say and look away from her.

"You were in love with Harry?" she ask and move closer to me.

"I am. I am in love with him." I whisper. I'm not sure how she feels about this. When we were kids we always used to talk about our crushes and give each other advice. I don't think she imagined me being gay.