Chapter thirty three

"How do you feel?" I ask when we reach our car. We both climb into our seats. I'm driving. Mom insisted that she could drive, but there is no way I'll let her do that when she's like this. I'm feeling a bit better after I saw Harry. We dropped him off at his place on our way to the police station. Mom didn't mind at all. She actually laughed when they talked. I stayed silent. I just sat there and listened to their conversation. He made her feel calm. He has that effect on everyone.

"I'm feeling good." she smiles. This time it's not a fake one. It's a real, shy, little smile. I return it. She leans in and kiss my cheek. 

"Thank you, Louis. I love you so much." 

"I love you too mom. I'm so, so sorry I went to Doncaster. I just-

"Don't apologize." she whispers and lay her index finger over my lips. "I understand why you did it. You've been through so much Louis. So much pain. You don't deserve it."

"I'm fine." I smile. That's not the whole truth. And she knows. But I know deep down that I will be fine. Someday. 

"I have Harry, his friends and you. And that's all I need." 

"You and Harry have something special, Louis." she nods. "Hold on to him."

"I will mom." I smile and start the car. 

"I will." I whisper, more to myself this time.

The same time, Harry's POV.

"So what's like the deal with you and Louis?" Gemma asks and take a sip off her soda.

We are sitting close to each other in the sofa. I'm scrolling through the movies on Netflix, trying to find something we can watch. I turn my head to look at her. There is no disgust, no anger or anything behind her question. It's  just curiosity.

"We are just friends." I lie and try to sound convincing, but Gemma's face tells me that I failed.

"Stop lying!" she laughs loud and kick me in the stomack with her feet.

"Okay, okay! Stop! It tickles!" I yell and try to grab her feet to keep them still.

"Tell me then!" she smiles and stop kicking me. 

I turn around to check that mom and Robin is not anywhere. I'm not embarrassed or scared to tell them. I know they will support me, but I'm not sure how Louis is feeling about me telling anyone. The only people we've told is Liam, Zayn and Niall. Louis is damaged, I know he's scared to show himself. I'll wait. I know he will be ready. Ready to tell me more about his past. And ready to tell people about me.

"He's my boyfriend." I smile proud. I can feel the redness that spreads over my cheeks. Gemma's face turn into a bigger smile. There is something behind her eyes that I can't quite read.

"Really? That's amazing Harry." 

"Can I ask you something?" I ask and move a little closer to her. She nods.

"When did you and Louis become....um... friends?" I shrug. I don't know what to call them. Her smile falls a little as she sits up.

"We..um...What  do you remember from the accident?" she stutters.

"I remember going to a party with Louis, and then everything is blurred out. Louis and I haven't really talked that much about it. I know he doesn't want to talk about  it."

She nods and keep going. "Louis were the one who came with you to the hospital. When mom, Robin and I got the phone saying that you were at the hospital, we drived there immediately. Louis was there. He looked completely heartbroken. Your blood was covering his clothes and I wanted to throw up at the sight. But more than that I wanted to hurt him. For hurting me or for taking you away from me, I don't really know. I slapped him so hard and yelled at him. We waited there for a long time before we got the results. The other boys had showed up by the time we got them and they took Louis home to shower and change clothes. I was so fucking happy when he left. I didn't want him near you. I sat there the whole time. I held your hand while mom held the other. We both cried so much. I just felt so much guilt. Louis came back and I got so angry again. I ran out of the room, leaving you with the boys. Not long after, everyone came out again exept for Louis. I was going to storm back in, but Liam grabbed my arm and held me back. He told me alot of things Louis had told them, about you. A few minutes later I walked into the room. Louis was sitting there, crying his eyes out while talking to you. It made me realise that I was wrong about him. He wasn't heartless or an asshole. He only acted like he was."

I don't even realise that I'm crying until Gemma reach out and wipe a tear away from my cheek. All this happend while I was in  coma. While I was stuck in that wonderful paradise, they were all having the worst time. Gemma is crying as well.

"I'm so sorry Harry. For everything I did!" she cries and jump onto my lap. She raps her arms around me and squeeze me tight like she's scared of letting me go. 

"It's okay." I whisper and hug her back. 

"Don't you ever scare me like that ever again, you idiot!" she groans into my chest. I laugh loud. Even when she's upset, she's sassy. 

"I won't. I promise." I smile and lift her head from my chest. "I love you Gemma."

"I love you too, Harold" she laughs.

We forget that we were supposed to watch a movie and just keep hugging. She still sits on my lap, and it's not weird. Not at all. We are close again, I'm glad. Gemma has always been my closest friend. I used to come home crying because of the bullies that used to follow me home. She was always there for me. She used to make hot chocolate, no mather how the weather was. We used to sit on the couch and just listen to music or something until mom came home from work. I never told her about the guys that were mean to me, but I know that she always knew that there was something going on. 

Gemma pulls away when the doorbell rings. She climbs off me and stand up to answer it. 

"I can take it!" I smile and grab her arm. "Maybe it's Louis." She nods understanding and sit down again. I walk out of the living room towards the door with a big smile on my face. I'm always happy to see Louis. 

But my smile falls quick when I open the door and see who's standing outside. I blink a few times just to make sure I'm seeing the right thing. Outside is Eleanor. She's standing right infront of me. Not to be rude, but she looks like a mess. Her face is all wet and her eyes are surrounded by a blue colour. She has a big bruise on her left cheek. It looks really bad. I almost feel bad for her. But only almost after everything she and her friends have done to Louis. I don't like her. She tried to throw herself at Louis. At my boyfriend. She probably has a thing for him. I mean I don't blame her. Louis is the hottest guy on our school, everyone knows, but he's mine now. 

"Hey, Harry." she tries to smile, but the only thing that comes out is a weak, sad expression. I'm thinking about slamming the door in her face, but she realise and set her foot between the door and the doorframe. 

"Please Harry, just hear me out for a few minutes. I beg you." her voice is filled with so much pain. I bite my lip while trying to figure out what to do. If Louis knew about this he would probably be angry, but she looks so broken. I can't just tell her to leave.

"Okay." I finally say and step outside, closing the door behind me. I don't want her inside my house. 

"How are you feeling?" she asks while rubbing the back of her neck. Is she serious? She couldn't care less.

"Just tell me what you came to say." I groan. She nods and look down to the ground.

"I actually just wanted to say that I'm sorry." she almost whispers without looking at me.

"You are sorry?" I ask confused. 

"Yeah. For everything. For trying to hook up with Louis, for everything Stan did, for setting up that scene to make Louis hurt and-

"Wait, wait, wait. What scene?" I interrupt her. I don't understand what she's talking about.

"You... d-don't remember?" she stutters.

"Remember what?" 

"I should....um.. I can't t-tell..." she suddenly starts turning around to walk away. I grab her arm and turn her back to me. I don't like grabbing her like this, but she's making me angry now. I deserve to know. 

"Tell me now!" I demand and let her go. She rub the area where I held her. I didn't grab her that hard. Something tells me that someone has grabbed her there before.

"Louis is going to kill me for saying this." she huffs and sit down on the ground.