Chapter thirty one

THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS SEXUAL ABUSE CONTENT. READ ON YOUR OWN RISK

Both of us giggle a bit as we stumble down the long stairs. We both have wet hair and a big grin on our face. The talking from the kitchen stops when they hear us coming down the stairs. Harry starts laughing loud and I don't really know why, but I join him. He truns around to check that no one is watching us when we reach the front door. He place his hands on my waist when the coast is clear. I put my hands around his neck and pull him closer to me.

"Are you sure you don't want to stay for the night? It's pouring outside." he suggest and give me his puppy eyes again. Shit, those eyes.

"I want to stay, but I can't." I sigh. I promised mom that I was coming home tonight.

"Yes you can!" he laughs and press our lips together. As always, our tongues find each other. They are like magnets. I move my hands into his hair and tug his curls. I know that drives him crazy. He moves his hands down to my bum and palm it with both of his hands.

"Harry." I laugh and pull back. He roll his eyes and push his head down on my neck.

"I don't want you to gooooo!" he groans causing me to laugh louder.

"I have to. I promised my mom." I tight my grip around him , which he seems to enjoy.

"Fine. Just because I like Jay." he laughs and pull away from our tight hug.

"I actually think that you like her better than me." I make a fake sad face and pretend to wipe my cheeks.

"That's not possible, Sweet cheeks."

I wink and turn to leave. He grabs my arm and pull me into a kiss again.

"Bye, love you Baby cakes." I smile.

"Love you, bye." he smiles back and finally let me leave.

I leave the house with a huge grin on my face. The rain is pouring down and I'm not wearing a jacket. My whole outfit is just Harry's clothes. A black hoodie and a pair of sweatpants. The hoodie is already wet from the rain, but I can still feel the smell of Harry on it. At this point I don't even mind the rain. Harry is home and he's happy. And that's all I care about. My big smile fall when the scene from the accident night flashes in my head. Those hateful words I said about him. The worst about it all was the fact that I didn't know he was hearing me say them. I spit them out with a disgusting voice and he heard it. I need to find a way to tell him about it. He deserves to know. He will understand, right? He knows that I love him.

A while later I reach my house. I'm soaked by the rain, but I feel like I really needed the walk. I needed to clear my head a little. All of the lights are on when I step inside. That suprises me because it's late and mom should be asleep now. She is always exuasted when she comes home after work. She always go to bed early and she never leave the lights on. I step out of my wet shoes and set them nice against the wall. I still feel bad for leaving mom. The last thing she should be doing right now is clean after me.

"Mom?" I say quiet just in case she's sleeping on the couch. I walk into the living room. The sight of my mom makes my heart stop. Memories from when my dad died pops up in my head. The pictures of my mom completely broken, match the picture of her on the couch right now. She's sitting with her knees pressed against her stomach. Her face is so pale that it almost matches the white colour on her shirt. Her eyes are wide open and filled with fear. Her cheeks are wet. The table is covered with empty bottles that ones were filled with alcohol. She never drinks. She didn't even drink when my father died. She stopped drinking years ago when I was like eight because her body couldn't take it. As I walk closer I can hear her loud whimpers mixed with sobs. She don't even realise that I'm in the room.

"Mom." I whisper and lay my hand on her shoulder. She jumpes in suprise. Her next action really send a knife through my heart. She hold up her hands infront of her face to protect herself. I remove my hand and sit down beside her instead. She let her hands down and realise that it's me. Her breath becomes more calm, but more tears starts pouring out of her eyes.

"Louis......I-I the-they......It hu-hurts!" she stutters between the loud sobs.

"What hurts?" I ask and lay my hand on her shoulder again. This time she seem to enjoy my touch.

She close her eyes and try to keep the tears back. But even with closed eyes the tears find a way out.

"Mom." my voice is shaky. I can be strong on many things, but seeing my mom in pain is one of my weak spots.

"I told them to stop but they just kept going!" she cries and reach for a half full bottle on the table. She lifts it to her lips. She opens her mouth to gulp it down, but when she meets my wet eyes, she pull it away again. For a few seconds she just hold it in her lap. But then she raise it and smash it onto the ground with power. I jump at the loud noice. She knows that I hate that sound. The glass flies everywhere and so does the liquid. She grabs an other bottle and smash that one onto the floor as well with a loud scream. This one is empty but the sound is still painful for my ears.

"Mom! Stop it!" I yell when she reach for a third bottle. I stand up and grab her arm. My grip is not hard but it makes her scream louder. This scream is different from the other one. This one is like her skin was sat on fire the second I touched her. I cover my ears in hope that the sound will go away, but it doesn't. She has stopped screaming now, but the echo is still in my head. She fall onto her knees. She cry so loud that I can hear her through my hands. I sit down beside her and rap my arms around her. I hold her tight and let her cry into my already soaked hoodie.

"It hurts." she whispers between her sobs.

"What hurts?"

"Everything!" she cries even harder.

"I don't understand mom." I'm crying too now. She lifts her head from my chest. My eyes meet her's. I feel like I can see the alcohol in her eyes, mixed with pain.

"I....they held me so hard. I tried to fight them off, I tried to scream, but they were too strong." she whispers and take my face into her hands. I can feel the way more tears starts pouring out of my eyes. The temperature inside of me goes from cold to warm in a second. Anger starts filling my head.

"Don't fucking tell me you got raped." I whisper and shake my head. I can't do this. Not now. Everything was so great. Her face tells me that she can't say no. She can't correct me. She was raped.

"Louis." she whimpers when I pull the arm on her shirt up. She tries to hold it down but I'm stronger. When it's rolled up to her shoulder, I can see that her whole arm is covered in bruises. Purple marks from fingers holding her tight.

"Omg mom." I cry and pull her close to me again. She cries into my chest while I cry into her hair. I feel like I can smell a terrible man perfume in her hair. I don't know if it's just in my head or not.

"You need to take a bath mom." I whisper and stand up. I bend down and lift her up. She lay her head on my chest while I carry her up the stairs to the bathroom. I place her down on the toilet while I pour water into the bath.

She starts undressing. At first I feel the urge to look away, but I should help her. Her hands are shaking so bad that it's hard for her to take her clothes off. I walk over to her and help her pull her shirt up. She steps out of her pants and the sight of her legs are terrible. More bruises is covering her body. All over her stomack. I help her into the bath when she's naked.

"I love you so much Louis." she cries when I start washing her. I want every single hint of those men off her.

"Shhss, don't cry please." I whisper and hold back my own tears. On the outside I might look broken, but on the inside I'm so mad. I want to punch something. I want to hurt the people that hurt my mom. I'll find them. And when I do, I'll not be a coward again.