Chapter forty three

Louis POV
"Shut up! I won't calm down, you idiot!!" I hear a voice yell. I step in front of the door to the room Trev texted me they were in. I take a deep breath before knocking. Why am I even doing this? I should still be in bed with Harry. But I'm here at this shitty motel. Helping a guy I swore I'd never speak to again. Trev opens the door not long after my knock. Wow. His face just screams hangover. They have probably been drinking every day since they left.

"Hi." he says and open the door for me. I don't answer him. I just walk straight by him and into the room. I'm met by a wasted, angry and heartbroken Stan. I never thought I'd see him cry, but here he is. Crying his eyes out while sipping to a cheap Vodka.

"What the fuck are you doing here?!" he yells and stand up. He stumbles towards me. I grab his arm before he gets the chance to touch me.

"Trust me, Stan. I don't want to be here either." I groan and walk over to the dirty couch. I brush some rests of food of it before sitting down.

"What are you doing here?" he asks again and sit down in a chair in front of me.

"Your friend over there, called me and said that you needed my help." I say and point at Trev. Stan turns around and give Trev a glare.

"I don't need your help, Faggot!" he snaps. That word. That word makes my blood boil. I used to call people that without feeling any form of hurt or regret. Now it just make me want to throw up or punch him as hard as I can. I lean forward and grab his shirt. He looks a bit surprised and actually scared of me as I drag him close to me. Trev holds out his hand, telling me to stop. I give him a glare that says shut up. He takes my advice and steps back.

"Listen, dick!" I groan. "I don't know why I came here. After what you did to me, to Harry, you deserve to be sad. You deserve to sit here all by yourself and cry your eyes out. But I came because deep down, I'm not like you. You may think I am, but I'm not. I'm a good person. I care for people and I try to change. Don't ever try to call me that word again, because you don't know how fucking much it hurts to hear it. I can't decide who I love. I love Harry. He's a boy, and I'm proud of saying it. You don't know what love is. All you want to do is fuck and fight. How did Eleanor hold up with you?!" I snap and let go of his shirt as more tears starts pouring out of his eyes.

"Don't say that name again!" he yells. "Don't mention her ever again!!" he starts slamming the table in front of him with his fists.

I lean away from him at the loud volume on his voice. I'm actually shocked to hear that his voice is so full of pain. And even more shocked when he raps his hands around his knees and hold himself.

"What the fuck?" I look over at Trev, still standing by the door. "How much did you let him drink?"

"I don't know." he shrugs and rub the back of his head. "He was just crying and yelling about her. I didn't know what to do!"

I lean closer to Stan again. He's actually really hurt. He notice that we are both staring at him. He glares back at us.

"What happened with you and Eleanor?" I ask in the softest voice I can, not caring about his glare. He shakes his head and wipe his cheeks. Again, he looks heartbroken. Can't tell if it's the alcohol or not. I've never seen him like this before.

"I went to her place. The door was open, as always, so I just walked in. I was actually dressed up. I had brought her flowers. I was going to apologize." he looks up and meet my eyes. And now, I can see that it's not the alcohol speaking. He's actually hurt. "I walked into her room and found her on top of Mark!" he yells and slam an empty bottle onto the floor. "She was even moaning so loud that none of them noticed me! Mark's face was just so fucking disgusting. He was pushing his head down in her pillow while staring at her tits."

I look over at Trev again. He just stares down in the ground. I've never seen him like this either. He doesn't have that stupid smirk on his face. He actually looks sad as well. He feels bad for his friend.

"I walked over at her bed and grabbed her arm. Her eyes got wide when she saw me. I dragged her off him and just let her fall onto the floor. That bastard Mark reached for her like he cares. I just started punching him as hard as I could. I didn't stop. Eleanor kept hitting me in the back with her small hands. She screamed and yelled at me. She told me to stop. She fucking defended that fucker!" He reaches for the half full bottle of vodka. I lean forward and grab his arm.

"I think you've had enough." I say. I don't want him to snap at me. Surprisingly, he just nods and sit back again. "Look. I don't know actually what you and Eleanor were. I never understood your relationship, but it sounds like you really liked her. What did you do to piss her off like that? What were you going to say sorry for?"

He laughs like it's such an obvious answer. He reach for the bottle again and this time I let him. He takes a sip of the strong liquid and cough a little.

"If you haven't notice, which I'm sure you have, I'm a shitty person. Everyone hates me. That is hard, okay? I'm used to being hated. So when someone actually likes me and treats me well, I don't know how to react. I don't know how to be a boyfriend. I always yelled at her, did the wrong things, grabbed her to hard. I had so much to say sorry for. But the thing that made her snap was that time we fought. When Curly was in coma. She defended me and said those horrible things to you. She used my words. All the shit she said was things I had said about you. When you left, she started yelling at me. She was so fucking pissed. She didn't break up with me though. She just started being so distant. I'm used to that as well. People being distant from me. I was raised by a drunk mother and a sick dad. None of them cared for me." he starts crying again. Trev walks over to us and lay his hand on his shoulder. Stan flinch a little, but let it stay there.

"You don't need her." I shrug. He looks at me again. This time his eyes are angry.

"Are you fucking stupid?! Of course I do!" he yells and cover his face.

"No you don't! What you need is to work on yourself. You have issues and I don't blame you. I was raised by beautiful parents. When dad died, I just started to hate everything. I still had my mom. She loved me and tried to take care of me but I was selfish. I didn't think about the fact that some people don't have anyone. You didn't have anyone there for you. But you are still here. That means that you are strong. You sure am a pain in the ass sometimes, but still. Fuck, maybe you do need her! Maybe not! That's up to you to find out. But you have to change before you try to love her. You don't love yourself, and you are sure not able to love anyone else right now." I stand up and hold out my hands for him to take them. He just stares up at me like I'm a freak. I roll my eyes and practically lift him up from that chair. "I'm going to leave now. And I hope that you take a shower, get a good night of sleep, drive back home and fix this mess. No one can fix it for you. Only you." I say and point at him. Then I turn around and walk out of the room. Leaving him to hopefully make the right choice.

The ride back home went really slow. I couldn't stop thinking about Harry. The longer I thought about him, the longer the road seemed. I'm finally outside his house now. I grab my phone and call him. He answers quick with a worried tone.

"Louis! Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." I laugh. He breathes out relieved and laugh a little as well.

"Okay. Why don't you come in? I can see your car outside." he asks confused.

"I have this thing I need to do and I wondered if you could come with me." I bite my lip hoping he will say yes.

"Okay. I will be out in five minutes." I nod even though he can't see me. I can't see him either, but I know he's smiling. I know he's smiling that smile that shows his dimples. I fucking love him so much. And I'm proud of it. I actually feel bad for Stan. I didn't know he was in so much pain. We never really knew each other. He needed someone to take care of him. And none of us did. Everyone has their issues, right?