Chapter forty nine

Eight years later, Louis POV
"I'm working on it. I'll send you the lyrics."

I smile as I hear Harry's voice from the living room. I fill up a bowl with cookies while eavesdropping on Harry's phone call. I'm so proud of him. All the stuff he's managed to do over the past years is just amazing. He has his own album, just came home from a tour, he's been doing some modeling and hosting shows. But the thing I'm most proud of is the person he has become. He's so self confident. His nails are painted every day. He wears whatever he wants. He treat everyone with respect. I look so up to him. He's my idol. My love. My life.

I smirk when I feel a hand on my waist from behind and a warm breath close to my ear.

"You're still the one I run to. The one that I belong to." he sings with his beautiful voice into my ear. I turn around and meet his eyes. He leans in and kiss my lips.

"You're still the one I kiss goodnight." I sing back when we pull away. He smiles his dimple smile and pull me into a hug. I rap my arms around his body and push my head into his chest. We stand like this for a while until a loud yell comes from the living room.

"Papa! Are you coming?!"

We both pull away, laughing at our daughter. I take the bowl with cookies and turn around to walk into the living room.

"Wow wow wow." Harry says and grab my arm. "It's Thursday."

"So?" I laugh and walk towards my daughter. She hold her hands up for the bowl with a big grin on her face. I lean down to her. "And the magic words?" I ask and hold the bowl tight to my chest.

"Pleaseeee. Most beautiful papa!" she makes puppy eyes and kiss my cheek. I tickle her on the stomach causing her to laugh loud. I laugh with her as I lay down beside her on the couch. I lay my arm around her and lift her up in my lap. Her eyes is so focused on the television that she doesn't see Harry from the kitchen. He stands there and stare at us. He lays his hand on his heart and mouth "cute". I nod and smile wide at him. He walks over at us and sit down beside me.

"You two! Eating cookies on a Thursday!" he pretends to be mad while staring at our daughter, trying to get her attention.

"Papa said that you eat all of the candy yourself when we sleep." she mumbles with her eyes still placed on the screen and a cookie in her mouth.

"Did he say that?" Harry laughs and look over at me. I hold my hands up in defense. "Well, I love you both so it's fine." he says and kiss our daughter on her cheek.

"I love you too, Daddy." she smiles finally moving her eyes to him. "And you Papa." she says and lean back on my chest. Harry leans in and lay his head on my shoulder.

"Anything we want to do today, guys?" I ask my little family.

"I want to visit Grandma!" she yells and jump up. "Can we do that, Papa!?" she begs and fold her hands.

I shoot a look down at Harry. His eyes ask me if it's fine. I nod at him. "Of course." I smile and stand up. "Let's do it right now."

Minutes later.
The excitement in my daughters face is clear as I park the car. She's the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. Only three years old and can sing like an angel, laugh like crazy, be angry like me and supportive like Harry. I walk over to her side of the car and lift her out, ignoring the paps around us. She covers her face with her small hands. I hold my free hand over her face as we to keep all of the bright light away from her eyes as we walk away from the car. The life in the spotlight doesn't come with no disadvantages. The paps are like mosquitoes. They follow and find you everywhere. The first thing we taught our daughter about the paps was to never answer any of their questions. Mine and Harry's story is different. I get that. The artist and the football player who are married with a child. It's not weird that people are crazy for that. We have got a lot of shit. Comments, messages, glares. It's a part of being open and gay.