05

"What do you mean 'maybe'? Why are you uncertain?" 

Clyden placed the glass on the table before glancing at me again, pursing his lips. He looked like he was trying to think. I got conscious a little, so I looked away, slowly getting sober now. His words suddenly made me sober.

"Bakit? Hindi ka sanay?" He raised a brow. "Pwede namang hindi sigurado." 

"My mom used to tell me that I should never be uncert-"

"I'm not your mom," he cut me off. 

I blinked twice when he stood up and opened the fridge to get the pitcher. I was taken aback by his words, though I knew they were just words. I didn't understand the great impact it brought. 

"I don't need water now. I want to sleep." I stood up to go upstairs, but I suddenly felt dizzy. 

"Alcohol dehydrates you," he answered back, placing the glass on the breakfast table. 

"Oh, really?" I walked towards him when he gestured for me to sit beside the breakfast table, sa may high chair. I placed my elbow on the table and my chin on my palm. 

"Yeah. You know the pituitary gland?" He pointed at his head. "Well, it secretes a hormone called vasopressin or the antidiuretic hormone. It basically regulates the fluid in the body by controlling your urination." 

"No. I don't know a thing about that." I giggled. "I'm good with names, though! Want me to try? Oh, wait, are you finished?" 

"Alcohol prevents the release of that hormone, so you urinate more than you drink, the reason why it dehydrates your body. Plus, if you vomit, you will lose more fluid." He slid the glass over the table until it reached my side. "Actually, I don't know yet if water will help since you will take this out, too." 

"What you're saying is starting to scare me. You know that?" I rolled my eyes and drank the water in one shot. "You really don't drink?" 

"Occasionally," he answered properly this time. "You must know by now that I'm not allowed to have fun. You already met my dad." 

"Well, you can have fun without alcohol." I shrugged. "It's really not everything, you know? You can have fun playing with your dogs. You can have fun watering the plants or cooking. Baking? I don't know! Or just by simply taking a nap? You can also have fun playing games on your phone! Or you can have fun with your friends. I'm sure you have friends, right? You can have fun by just spending time with them or talking about the things that don't really matter-"

"Ang daldal mo, 'no?" nagtatakang tanong niya. 

I bit my lower lip to hide a smile. "Alcohol." 

Umayos siya ng tayo at niligpit na ang mga gamit niya sa table. He was studying earlier before I came home. He left me with Summer following him from behind. They went upstairs so I was left alone in the kitchen. Uminom ulit ako ng tubig bago umakyat sa kwarto ko. Then, I showered and did my night care routine before going straight to bed, getting so sleepy.