10

"Someone clean this mess, please!" 

I was still on the floor, surprised about what happened in front of my eyes. Clyden stood up and went towards me to hold both of my hands, pulling me up until I was already standing beside him with shaking legs. My dress was all messed up because of the wasted food. My mom immediately went to me to clean the hem of my ruined lovely dress. 

"My god! This is expensive!" My mom was panicking while wiping my dress with a table napkin. 

"I am so sorry for this," Clyden apologized to my mom's friend. "I didn't mean to ruin your party."

"I know, I know! I... I understand!" My mom's friend couldn't talk. I knew she wanted to say more, but she was also shocked by the mess, and so were her guests, who were watching closely in circles. "Clean this mess, please! My gosh!" 

"My dress is ruined. I think we need to go," I told my Mom. She sighed heavily and gave me a nod before placing the table napkin on the nearest table. 

Charles was already gone when I looked around, feeling a little awkward. Clyden glanced at me, and I tried to communicate using my eyes. I wanted out. He seemed to understand what I was trying to say, so he held my hand and pulled me until we were out of the cruise. Good thing we were still at the port. 

Clyden opened the door of the car for me before he walked around and went inside the driver's seat. I silently put my seatbelt on as my eyes remained in front. He started the engine and gave me a glance. 

"I'm sorry," he whispered. 

I didn't talk. I didn't know what I was feeling exactly. I wasn't mad at him, but I was just thinking that violence wasn't necessary, especially if it was his brother. I remembered Naomi. Sometimes, I would get hurt by her physically, but deep down, I knew she didn't mean it. However, Clyden looked like he didn't regret what he did to Charles. I mean, he pushed me, yes, and I was also mad at him for doing that, but they could have resolved it in a less violent way. 

"You shouldn't have done that to your brother," I said, still looking in front. 

"That was the only time I resorted to violence, Sam. That was a one-time thing. Even after everything he did to me, I never hurt him back," he said under his gritted teeth. 

Dahil sa galit sa boses niya, alam kong hindi lang ito ang dahilan. Maybe there was something deeper. Maybe something even worse happened to them, so I realized that it was wrong for me to judge by just knowing the surface. Like what he said, I didn't know his struggles. 

"I have never watched a fight. That was a first." I looked at him and gave him a small smile just to calm him down. 

"Dapat tinakpan mo mata mo," he sarcastically said, which made me laugh. 

"Where did you learn how to swing it like that?" I continued teasing, mimicking the way he punched his brother with his fist. That was a powerful move. "What are you, really? A member of a gang?"