06

"You waited for me, baby?" 

I bent down and gave Summer a pat on the head. She stuck out her tongue so it looked like she was smiling at me. I looked at Clyden again and saw him walking towards us with his hands inside his pockets. 

"Saan ka galing?" seryosong tanong niya. "I called your mom, and she told me that you didn't stay for dinner." 

"You called my mom?" I raised a brow. 

"Yeah. Am I forbidden to do so?" sarkastikong balik niya sa 'kin. 

He stopped walking in front of me and tapped his leg twice to call Summer. The dog immediately stood up and went to him, wagging her tail. He bent down and held Summer's face in his hands. 

"You also think that Mom should inform us where she's going, right?" he asked the dog. 

I scoffed and looked away, trying to prevent letting out a laugh. "Didn't you call me weird earlier when I told you where I was going?" 

"I thought I wouldn't care," he said, glancing at me. 

"So you care?" I bit my lower lip to stop myself from smiling. 

Clyden looked a little taken aback by my question. He stared at me for a moment before pursing his lips and looking at Summer again. He caressed her head like he was combing her fur. The Golden Retriever liked it so much. 

"Is Mom cheating on us?" he joked, asking the dog again.

"Hey, that's such a bad accusation!" I defended myself, scowling. "I went to my best friend's house in Nueva Ecija. It was a long drive, so late na 'ko nakauwi. How about you? Why are you still awake?" 

"I won't sleep tonight," he simply said, standing up and putting his hands inside his pockets again.

"Why? Are you still studying? Sunday naman so wala kang pasok bukas. I mean, mamaya since midnight na pala." I looked at my digital watch. 

"My body clock is messed up." He shrugged, going to the kitchen to look for something to eat, taking himself out of the conversation. Summer followed him there. 

I already felt so sleepy kahit I had coffee earlier. Hindi yata siya um-effect sa 'kin, so I already went upstairs to take a quick shower, did my skincare routine, and went to bed to sleep. Buti na lang walang sumira ng beauty sleep ko the next day. I woke up around noon dahil bumawi ako ng tulog. 

I went to the bathroom to wash my face and made sure I was wearing the right pajamas before I went downstairs. Pababa pa lang ako pero paakyat na si Clyden kaya nagkasalubong pa kami. He looked tired and sleepy, still carrying his books. His specs were hanging on the collar of his shirt. 

"Good noon." I stopped walking.

"Good night," sabi niya at nilagpasan ako.