31

"You were gorgeous, Vera. I can't deny that." 

Haze attended the celebration after the event. Apparently, he was friends with the owner of the brand and also with some designers. I knew he had connections since he was a businessman. Mas malawak pa ata ang circle niya kaysa kay Hiro. 

"I kind of messed up my walk a bit," I told Haze before sipping on my vodka. The girls were already dancing while I was here, stuck with this man. Well, it was also entertaining to have a conversation with Haze. He had a sense of humor, and he was a smooth-talker. 

"I didn't even notice." He shrugged and took a shot of tequila. He was wearing a suit earlier, but he had already removed the coat and loosened the necktie, leaving him with a white dress shirt and gray slacks. "When are you going back to the Philippines?" 

"Tomorrow night," I told him just because he asked. I had to go back early because of another schedule. This job was already killing me. Okay lang dahil next week, clear na ang schedule ko except for the gym days. Arah wanted me to rest because I overworked myself again last time. 

"What a coincidence! Maybe we booked the same flight." The side of his lips rose, but he hid it under the glass. He was obviously teasing me again to get a reaction. He was just that kind of guy. 

"Hi, do you want to have a drink?" An American model walked towards Haze and offered him a glass. 

He glanced at the lady and gave her a smile before getting the glass. "I prefer the lady offering the drink," he said in a low tone. 

The model blushed immediately and stared at him with so much hunger in her eyes. Geez. Kanina pa nilalapitan ng mga model si Haze at kanina pa rin siya pumapatol sa lahat. He was just that smooth, but he was extra flirty with this one. Maybe she was his type. He even put his hands on her waist to pull her closer to him. 

"Are you having fun?" the model asked, holding on to Haze's necktie. 

"Why? Do you find the party boring? If so, would you like to spice it up a bit?" Haze asked in a seductive tone, raising his brows. 

Oh god. I covered my ears and just walked away so I wouldn't hear their conversation anymore. I went to Monica and the other models so we could dance together. Kanina pa natapos 'yong program so we were just having fun with alcohol. I couldn't drink too much because I still had to wake up early to pack my things. Baka sabihin rin ni Haze na palagi akong lasing tuwing nagkikita kami! 

I had five more glasses before I decided to sit down. I had already talked to so many people, especially designers, who admired me. Francine and Arah were both waiting outside the venue, probably eating out. I sat on the chair and opened my Instagram to take a picture of the view before adding it to my story. 

I was tagged on so many posts, and they were all related to the show. I didn't know how, but I just found myself checking Clyden's profile to see if he added something to his story. It was fine for me to view them, right? 

He added one, and it was a photo of him with a patient. He was smiling and doing a peace sign, and the kid was hugging him on the neck. The kid's face was covered with a sticker. It looked so adorable. Duty pa rin siguro siya hanggang ngayon.