07

"Did you just smile at me?" 

I pouted my lips to prevent forming a smile. He looked down at his plate and started eating like he didn't hear my question. I just shrugged and ate with him while thinking about his answer to my question earlier. Bagay ba talaga sa 'kin? Ever since I met him, I knew he was an honest person, so his opinion was really important to me. 

Clyden was the type to let people know if they were doing the right thing or the complete opposite of it. I can't say that I knew him better than anyone, but for the days that we were together, I could say that he was a very vocal person. 

If he thinks I could be a model, then maybe I could start with something, huh? It looked like he didn't have any plans on taking it back. I stared at him, waiting for an insult to come, but he didn't say anything. Instead, he looked back at me and raised a brow, probably asking why I was staring at him without saying a word. 

"Thanks," I whispered, giving him a sincere smile. 

"For?" He stopped chewing to wait for my answer. 

"For saying that it sounds good. I know you don't like it, but your words boost my confidence." I laughed. Alam ko namang ayaw niyang palakihin ang ulo ko but I really felt confident with his answer. "So, thanks. I just hope it's an honest opinion." 

"When did I ever lie to you?" he asked, his eyes piercing into mine. 

"Oh gosh, you're sounding like a total romantic now. Let's just eat." I laughed the tension off. I felt a little conscious of his stares, so I just looked down at my plate and tried to continue eating. 

Maliit lang ang servings na kinukuha ko and usually I ate less rice just to keep myself fit. He probably noticed that because I caught him looking at my plate like he wanted to say something but decided not to. Nauna pa 'kong matapos kumain sa kanya so tumayo na 'ko at niligpit ang plato ko. 

The next day, I woke up a little early since I also slept around nine last night. That was the earliest hour I could reach. When I went downstairs, I hadn't showered yet. I was planning to eat breakfast first since I got plenty of time. I wasn't completely expecting Clyden to enter the house in an athletic shirt and a pair of shorts, sweating. 

"Hey. You're..." I looked outside the window, and it was still dark. "..up early. Or did you not sleep at all?" 

"I did," he replied shortly before he started walking towards the breakfast table. 

He took his Airpods off and even his digital watch. He was also holding a dark blue tumbler, but it was already empty, so he got another glass from the kitchen. I was planning to cook for breakfast, so I checked the fridge for food. 

"Any breakfast in mind?" I casually asked.

"I'm actually surprised that you know how to cook."

I scowled and glared at him before taking out eggs and bacon from the fridge. I didn't like rice for breakfast, so I took out bread instead. He sat on the high chair while drinking water. He was probably staring at me because I could feel it from my back.