just friends // q.griggs

I smiled at Quinton as i walked through the airport. "ahhh, i missed you!" i shrieked hugging him. he picked me up. "i missed you too, y/n."

we smiled at each other. "c'mon, i'm tired. North Carolina is a pretty good ways from L.A." i said, grabbing my bags and pulling them.

he quickly grabbed my bags from me and rolled his eyes. "i know. so Nessa is at the house. and so is Mads." i nodded. "gotcha."

we got to our uber and started back to the house. "so how did you get your mom to let you come to L.A. for the next three months?" he asked, sitting his hand on my thigh.

"my mom realized that I was coming either way. and your mom told her that it was stupid because they've always trusted us before." I said.

he nodded. "how's Cynthia?" I asked. "she's good. we're okay." I nodded. "how's Cameron?" he said, looking out the window.

"we broke up. he wasn't happy about me coming out here. and we weren't really working anyways." I shrugged, making his laugh.

we got to the house, grabbed my stuff from the uber and went inside. "yo, guys I'm back." quinton said. Jaden came running in the foyer.

"I missed you!" he said, jumping on me. I laughed. "I missed you too." I said, hugging him back. he let go of me and I hugged the rest of them.

"okay, i'll show you where my room is and you can but your stuff up." quinton said, grabbing my bags. "y/n, we're having a kinda girls night tonight, if you wanna join." mads said.

I nodded. "yeah, for sure,"i smiled, following quinton. we got to his room and I put my stuff down, then flopped on the bed.

"uhh, that's my side." he said, shoving me over. I smiled. someone knocked on the door. "hey, y/n. we're going swimming. wanna come?" nessa said. "yeah, I will be down in a few."

quinton looked at me. "I think ryland is coming over." he said. I nodded. "okay, close your eyes." I said, grabbing my swimsuit.

he closed his eyes, and I changed. "alright, i'm going to the pool." I said, walking out of the room. I heard quinton laugh.

-- Quinton

we were all sitting by the pool when Ryland came. "hey, man." we all greeted and done the bro hug thing. he looked at the girls, then stopped when he saw y/n.

"who is that?" he said. "y/n. she's quinton's friend that's here for the summer." Bryce said. he nodded, looking at me.

"does she have a boyfriend?" he said. "no." "how old is she?" "16." I said. she shrieked making us both look at her.

"jaden, please put me down." she laughed, making me smile. she met Jaden when I brought her out her a while ago. they were pretty close.

"woah, when did you get those?" I asked, eyeing the butterfly tattoos on her side. she smiled. "like 3 days ago," she said. I nodded.

ryland smiled and waved at her, she did the same. "hi, I'm y/n." she said, walking towards us. "i'm ryland. it's nice to meet you." she smiled. "you too."

----

I looked at nessa and mads as they set out the nail polish. "okay, so I want red." mads said. "I think I want white." I said. nessa looked. "I want blue."

we were laughing and painting each others nails. "so, y/n, did you like Ryland?" nessa asked. I blushed a little. "yeah, he asked me to go on a date with him tomorrow."

they stopped and looked at me. "well what did you say?" I laughed at them. "I said yeah. so we're going to eat somewhere at 7 tomorrow." they looked at me.

"okay, mads, I will do hair, you can do makeup, and we'll all decide on clothes." nessa said, making me laugh. tomorrow was going to be fun.

(three week time skip)

i smiled at ryland, and turned to go back in the house. we had been on a few dates and were hanging out almost everyday.

i went to quinton's room to talk to him. "hey, can we talk?" i asked, biting my lip. he shrugged. "i don't know, can you go ten minutes without talking about Ryland?" he asked, sassily.

i looked at him. "what?" i asked. "you heard me. i don't really feel like talking about him right now." he said, rolling his eyes.

"what the hell is wrong with you? you haven't even tried to talk to me since i started hanging out with Ryland." i scoffed.

"there's nothing wrong. i just-" he stopped. i looked at him. "q, c'mon, tell me please." i said, looking at him. he shook his head.

"i like you. and i know that you like ryland. but i like you like a lot. and i didn't realize it til we weren't together every day." he sighed, looking back at the tv.

i looked at him. "quinton." i said, sternly, making him look at me. "i like you too. and i didn't catch feelings til you were gone and i couldn't see you every day." i said.

i walked over to the chair he was sitting in, and stood between his legs. he looked at me. "what? you said that-" he stopped.

i rolled my eyes. "i know, but i lied." i said, leaning down to kiss him. once our lips connected i felt him smile. he put his hands on my hips, pulling me closer.

i pulled back, and straddled his waist. "so, you didn't kiss him, did you?" he asked. i laughed. "no, every time he tried, i turned." he nodded, kissing me again.

"good, because you're mine." he growled, kissing down my neck. "yeah?" i laughed, lightly. the door opened, causing us both to look.

it was josh. "hey q - oh shit. uh my bad buddies." he said, quickly closing the door. we laughed when he screamed, "BRYCE YOU OWE ME $100 BUDDY. THEY'RE FUCKING."