heartbroken// j. richards

I laid in my bed, ignoring my best friend beating on the door. "Y/n, if you don't open the door, I will bust through it!" she yelled.

I got up and opened the door. There stood her and Anthony, holding a box. Avani pushed by me. "I got you these, and you look like shit." he said, handing me the box of strawberries.

I nodded, taking them and going back to my bed. "What are you doing?" I asked them, covering myself back up with all my blankets.

"I came to check on you. and Anthony came to help." Avani said, looking all around my room. "Why? I'm fine." I said, crinkling my nose up.

"Yeah, right." She scoffed, sitting beside me. "What's wrong, Y/n? please talk to me. I'm worried." she said, playing with my hair.

I felt my eyes water. "Josh and I, uh, broke up. for good this time." I said, moving my head so it was her leg.

"shit, y/n, why?" Anthony asked. I shrugged. "we were hanging out and he was like, 'I think we need a break.' and that was that."

I shook my head. "It would be different if we weren't friends before we started dating. I was there for all of it. we know everything about each other, and now, we are strangers again."

Avani shook her head. "Have you tried talking to him?" I shook my head. "Neither has he." I sniffled, looking at Anthony.

He smiled at me. "he's hurting too, I promise. I shook my head at him. Did he mention anything about it?

Anthony shook his head. not to me. Maybe to Jaden or Bryce. I nodded and sniffled my nose. this sucks.

They both nodded, looking at each other as I started crying again.

+++++++++++++++++++

JOSH

I shook my head as Bryce and Rafy came in my room for the thousandth time. what? I asked, burying my face further into her hoodie.

Cmon, dude. Get the fuck up and call her. Bryce said, handing me my phone. I checked it for her name. Nothing.

I sook my head. it is so hard not being able to call her and talk to her. I said, sighing as rafy sat down at the end of my bed.

She nodded. imagine what shes going through, Josh. And she left. fuck dude. I said, shaking my head at Bryce.

It is so hard from going to knowing everything about her to not being able to talk to he anymore. I said, sitting up.

Bryce handed me an Ani and nodded. youre still coming to the Sugar Factory for Jadens release right?

I nodded. yeah, I am. He nodded. Well, its in 4 hours start getting ready. Bryce said, leaving me alone.

++++++++++++++

I looked in the mirror at my reflection one more time, making sure I looked good. Avani smiled at me.

you will definitely be the baddest bitch there, she smirked, finishing her hair. I laughed at her. yeah, okay.

My phone vibrated and it was a text from Jack, my date. Weve been friends for forever, since we are both from the same place.

I still can not believe that you got Jack Gilinsky to go with you. She scoffed as Anthony opened the door and he came in.

Oh my God, Bubbles, you look amazing. He said, hugging me. I smiled. so do you. Hows sam? I asked.

I introduced him to Avani and she almost fainted. Alright, lets get this show moving. I said, grabbing Jacks hand and pulling him to his car.

+++++++++++++

I cant fucking believe this shit. Josh came with Nessa. I shook my head as I saw them entering. You good? Jack asked, playing with his shirt.

yep, lets go. I said, waiting as he opened the car door for me to get out of. He wrapped an arm around my waist and we started towards the door.

Jack! y/n! hi how are you guys? a reporter asked. good, how are you? I said, rubbing Jacks arm. He hated the paps.

great! Jack, your new song was amazing. Do you see a possible collab with the young star inside? Jack smiled at me.

Of course I do. Our styles are different but I think we can work something our for sure. He said, nodding goodbye as we walked to the table and sat down.

I sat beside Mads, across from Noah and Dixie, who was majorly fangirling. Dixie, this is Jack. I said, winking at her.

I felt eyes burning through Jacks arm around my waist. I smiled at him as he and dixie were talking about his music.

So, y/n, when did you get famous enough to score a date with Jack? Nessa asked. I tensed and felt Jacks hand fall on my leg.

Weve been friend for forever and he owes me a couple favors. I smiled at her. Thats right! I forgot you are friends with all of the Omaha boys. She said.

I nodded and turned back to jack. Did she just imply that youve slept with us? He whispered in my ear. I nodded.

yeah, she did, I said, giggling at the way he looked disgusted.

++++++++++++++

JOSH

I shook my head at y/n. shes with Jack Gilinsky. Jack fucking Gilinsky. The prettiest mutherfucker I have ever seen.

How the fuck do I compete with that? I asked Bryce as he pissed in the urinal beside me. The door opened and in came the man of the hour.

Hey bro. He said, nodding his head at me. So, are you and y/n like, talking? I asked him. He laughed and shook his head.

Nah, bro. shes like my little sister. To all of us actually. HE said, smiling at me. But, uh, if I was you, I would talk to her later. HE said, getting serious.

I nodded at him.

++++++++++++++

I smiled at Jack as he dropped me off at my apartment. Thank you. I said, smiling at him. He nodded.

now you have to come over the next time my mom and dad are here. I nodded. Alright, Ill talk to you later. I said, getting out and starting towards the door.

I saw a shadow sitting on the steps and stopped. hey, y/n. josh said, standing up. uh, hey. I said, avoiding his gaze.

can we talk? He asked. I nodded. Lets go inside though, I said, opening the door and turning to wave at Jack as he pulled away.

So are you two talking now? He asked. I laughed at the look on his face. No, he is literally like my older brother. Like I could never.

He nodded and smiled. are you and Nessa back together? I asked. He shook his head. no, she just didnt want to go by herself.

I nodded. Jack wanted to meet Jaden and talk about a collab. I said, not understanding why I was explaining myself.

He nodded. Im sorry, y/n. He said, following me to my room. me too. I said, walking to my closet as he sat on the bed.

No, Im like really sorry. Im sorry I broke up with you for no reason. Im sorry I didnt tell you why. Im sorry. And Over these past few days, I realized that I need you in my life. As my girl, because I didnt have anyone to talk to about stupid shit. And that I just cant be without you. He said, meeting my eyes.

I smiled at him and shook my head. You dont understand what kind of hell Ive been through this week. I said, walking over so I was in front of him.

He looked at me as I cupped his face in my hands. If this happens again, I wont make it josh, I lost a best friend too. I said.

It wont. I promise. I want you to be min forever. You are the only girl that get me and that fits me. He said, putting a hand on my waist.

I nodded and leaned in to kiss him, but stopped halfway. Forever. I smirked as he closed the gap between us.