surgery // q.griggs

I smiled at quinton's mom as she stood up in departure. "oh, honey. I am so glad you could come last minute." she said, hugging me.

"you know I would do anything for my boy." I said, pulling my bags to her car. "caden is there with him now, he has no idea you are coming." she said.

I smiled. "I know. has he been in too much painn?" I asked, concerned. she sighed and nodded. "yeah, but he wont say so. and he starts therapy tomorrow so it will only be worse."

I nodded. "i'll make him take something." she nodded. we got to the house and got out. "he's in his room." I nodded and started up the stairs.

I met caden coming down. "thank god. he's yours, I'm going home. love you, bye." caden said, running out the door.

I went up to Quinton's room and opened the door. "what the hell man? it took that long to get-" quinton stopped when he seen me.

"hey, baby." I said, sitting my bags down and walking over to him. he smiled at me. I bent over him and kissed him. "miss me?" I asked.

he nodded and bit his lip. "hi," he said, grabbing my hand so I wouldn't walk off. I smiled at him and kissed him again. someone opened the door, causing us to pull back.

"it's been what, two week?" his brother asked. I laughed and flipped him off. "knock next time." I shrugged. quinton laughed.

"now that you're here, I will have to." he said. "mom wants to know if you need anything, q?" he shook his head and his brother went back downstairs.

"will you let me go long enough to change clothes and lay down with you?" he nodded and let go of my hand.

I grabbed a pair of shorts and one of his shirts and changed in his room. nothing he hasn't seen before.

once I was changed, I went around to the other side of the bed and climbed in with him. "does your knee hurt?" I asked, as he put on hand on my thigh.

he looked off from me and shook his head. "no, it isn't too bad." he lied. I smirked. "so I can do this?" I asked.

I put a hand on his thigh and let it travel its way up. "okay, I lied, it's bad." he grimaced. "mhm, I thought so. i'll be right back." I said, getting up and going to get his medicine.

I handed him one and made him take it. he looked at me. "this is why mom brought you here." I nodded at him.

"why didn't you already take on?" I asked, crawling back in bed with him. this time I moved so I was behind him and his head was on my chest.

"I don't like how they make me feel." he shrugged. I rolled my eyes. "when was the last time you slept?" I said, playing with his hair.

he shrugged. "all night? my last night in L.A. with you." I sighed. "q, go to sleep, i'm here now." I said, playing with his hair as he got comfortable.

he snuggled into me more and got comfortable. "I love you." he said, smiling up at me. "I love you too." I said, as he drifted off.

______________________________

I was watching criminal minds and making tik toks with a sleeping quinton. his mom knocked on the door, then come in. "did he take one?" I nodded.

she nodded. "how did you get him to?" I laughed. "just a magic touch I have." I shrugged. she nodded. "well, try to get him to the shower next." she said, leaving the room.

my phone buzzed and I answered it. "hello?" I whispered. it was caden. "is his bitch ass asleep?" "yeah, why?" I asked. "good, he hasn't been sleeping."

"I know, that happens." he laughed. "okay, i'm coming over tomorrow." we said good bye and hung up. I felt quinton shift.

as he woke up, he tightened the grip he had on my hand. I smiled. "are you okay now?" I asked, rubbing my free hand on his chest.

"yeah, and since you're here now, I need a shower." he said. I nodded. "when you are ready, we will go." I said. he nodded.

"I have therapy tomorrow. they are gonna let me walk." he said. I nodded. "good. let me get up and then we will go to the shower." I said, crawling around from the back of him.

I got his clothes and stuff and went and put those in the bathroom. "ready?" I asked. he nodded and swung his legs over the side of his bed.

I handed him his crutches and helped him up. "I hate this." he said, as I steadied him. I smiled and looked up at him.

"you know, I'm not that tall, but you are really short." he smiled at me. I laughed. "thanks baby." I said. he's not lying i'm only 5'1.

I kissed him. "come on, every time I come in here." his brother said. I laughed and turn to look at him. "too bad, so sad," I said, sticking my tongue out.

"do y'all need anything?" we both shook our head. "okay, well mom ordered pizza." he said, running out the door.

quinton crutched to the shower with me following him. after he got there I looked at him. "do you want me to stay?" he sighed.

"yeah, I need help keeping my balance." he said. I nodded. "okay." he got in the shower and I stood there, helping him to stay upright.

once he was finished, he got dried off and put on some clothes. "i'm not putting a shirt on, it's too hot." he said. I laughed. "ain't no complaints."

he laughed and got back in his bed. I followed after him and laid down beside him this time. there was a knock at the door.

"yeah," q said. "I got food." his brother said, bringing in a pizza and sitting it on the bed, then leaving again.

I smiled and grabbed the pizza. i helped q sit up so we were eye level. we were just eating the pizza and talking.

"so did you have fun at that truck meet thing?" i asked. he nodded, his eyes lighting up. "yes! oh my God, i wish you woulda been here." he said.

i smiled. "i know. so tell me about it." i said. he started rambling. which was extremely cute. "did you see that video on tik tok of me talking about you?"

i nodded. "yeah, it was cute." i said. he smiled. there was a girl that asked about me and he responded and said i was in L.A and that he missed me.

then the girl asked about how we were doing. he said we were great and that he love me a lot and didn't know what he would do without me.

he smiled. "it was true." i nodded. "i know, because i feel the same." i said. i kissed him again and when he pulled back he sighed.

"i wish i could do something." he groaned. i smiled. "save it for L.A. and it will be ten times better." i whispered, kissing his cheek.